Thread: Accessing Attachments to Emails in Outlook Express 6

krisconner Guest

Default Accessing Attachments to Emails in Outlook Express 6

When Zone Alarm is turned on, I cannot open attached .jpeg files. I get a message "access to the specified device, path, or file is denied." The message is
    appears to refer to the file at "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.E5\...." I can only save the file to the hard drive and then open it. Is there any way I can change this? If ZA is turned off, I can open the individual attachments with no difficulty.
    I also have trouble accessing imbeded Kodak Photos.What can I do the change the ZA settings to permit this access from trusted sources?

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Software Version:5.x
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Accessing Attachments to Emails in Outlook Express 6

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

I am very sorry you are having problems with ZA and hopefully I will be able to find a solution for you.

PLEASE make sure you turn off your Mobile Code Control under Privacy. Then try to download the file. After you have download the file, make sure you go back and turn on the Mobile Code Control.

It is likely your Privacy settings causing the problem. The Privacy advisor can help resolve the issue and allow you to customise those sites for your use. You will need to go to the Privacy Panel and click on 'custom' in Cookie Control. Then go to the bottom and enable 'Show Privacy Advisor' click apply then ok.

Next go to the page in question and when the Privacy Advisor alert pops up, click on "Click here for details'' and it should take you to the Site List box where you will see the entry causing the problem. The name of the entry can be found in the "Entry Detail" box at the bottom of the page. Now click on 'options' and turn off the ones that interfer with the page. You may have to try several and then refresh the page until the issue is resolved. Also clean your cache when completed

If the above solutions does not work for you, PLEASE try the following.

Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode.

2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.

3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.

4. Reboot into the normal mode.

How Do I Boot Into Safe Mode?

http://www.laplink.com/support/kb/article.asp?ID=102

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, THANKS.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

Thread Information