Thread: PLEASE HELP! Can't access internet on High Internet Zone Security

zaclueless Guest

Default PLEASE HELP! Can't access internet on High Internet Zone Security

i'm using the free zone alarm firewall. i have cable internet and a netgear wgr614 router. one computer is wired to the router, and another is wireless. my wired computer connects to the internet just fine on High internet zone security without my having to change any settings, but my wireless computer can't. the wireless one actually connected to the internet all right for a day when i first set up the router, but after a day it stopped connecting on High. also, if the internet stops working on High, when i restart the computer the internet starts working again. if and when it stops later, i have to put it on Medium in order to use the internet. why does the wireless work after you restart and then stop after some time, and why is there this difference between the wired (works well) and wireless (unstable) connection? how can i fix this problem?
    Some info on router settings: ip and dns addresses are dynamically given by isp. internet port dhcp is by dhcpclient. lan port dhcp is on. router is used as dhcp server.
    thank you for your help!!!

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Software Version: 7.0
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm (Free)

Message Edited by zaclueless on 11-01-2007 12:42 AM

dankelly Guest

Default Re: PLEASE HELP! Can't access internet on High Internet Zone Security

I'm having this same issue.

It just started happening today - July 8th 2008.

I have XP SP3 (a new Microsoft update was installed today).

ZoneAlarm w/ Anti-virus 7.0.470.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

ddwhatley Guest

I'm having the same problem.
    I am a registered use of ZA.
    In High Internet Zone Security I cannot access the internet.
    In Medium, I can.
    I have been a registered ZA user for a couple of years now.
    This just started happening today, July 8, 2008.
    I noticed that ZA executed an update today.
    (I upgraded to XP SP3 two weeks ago, BTW...)
    -ddw

mackem Guest

Me too, no connection on high.I ALSO had a Microsoft update today.There's GOT to be a connection (no pun intended) ! I've had mine on high for YEARS ! If we cant use it,whats the point of having it?

drjsau Guest

Same thing happened to me also on July 8th. I uninstalled ZA Pro and re-installed it and the problem did not go away.
    drjsau

drjsau Guest

KB951748 got applied the same date as this problem started.

buurmans Guest

same for me,adjusted overnight after update from ZA as well as Microsoft update was installed

drjsau Guest

Default Re: PLEASE HELP! Can't access internet on High Internet Zone Security work arround

Temporary solution is to add an expert rule allowing My Computer to any destination, any protocol, any time. Then you can leave your Internet Zone Security on High. I tried this and it worked.

jssherm Guest

I'm having this same issue.

It just started happening today - July 8th 2008.

I have XP SP3 (a new Microsoft update was installed today).

ZoneAlarm
    suite 7.0.473.

Anyone have any ideas

dreamhouse Guest

Default Re: PLEASE HELP! Can't access internet on High Internet Zone Security `ZoneAlarm`s solution

This is the link for the official solution to this problem, which came about because o Microsoft`s security update KB951748
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cessIssue.html

Thread Information