Thread: ZoneAlarm Pro Blocking Connection to AOL.

mikagurl Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Pro Blocking Connection to AOL.

Hello
    I was online last night, and a message appeared to say that my Firewall had been turned off.
    I checked it, but everything seemed to be on, and working - nothing had changed.

I have come to go online today, and my AOL software is stating that my Firewall: Zonealarm Pro is blocking access to connect online.
    After numerous conversations and following steps from AOL. I have now been advised to contact you at Zonelabs.

I need ZoneAlarm pro to work with AOL again.
    Please advise steps in order for me to get online and be safe online with Zonealarm.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:6.5
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Pro Blocking Connection to AOL.

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

I am very sorry that you are having issues with ZA and hopefully I will be able to help you find a solution.

PLEASE try the following, as this will bring the firewall back to the original settings.

I think is your Zone Alarm database has gotten corrupt and does not remember your Zones settings. Reset your database and see if that will fix it. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

MAKE SURE you remove ALL the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files.

Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode.

2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.

3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.

4.Then empty the Recycle Bin.

5. Reboot into the normal mode.

How Do I Boot Into Safe Mode?

http://www.laplink.com/support/kb/article.asp?ID=102

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, THANKS.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. naivemelody Guest

This from the ZA User Guide - right click ZA tray icon - see &quot;Help&quot;<hr>Adding sites to the privacy site list<a target="_blank"></a>

To customize privacy settings for a site that does not appear on the site list, you can add the site manually, then edit the privacy options for that site.<a target="_blank"></a>

To add a site to the privacy site list:<div class="pSmartList1">
    1. <a target="_blank"></a>
    <div class="pSmartList1">[*]Select Privacy|Site List.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Click Add.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a>

The Add Site dialog appears.<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]In the URL field, enter the URL of the site you want to add, then click OK.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a>

The URL must be a fully qualified host name, for example, www.yahoo<div align="left"><div class="pNoteIcon"><div class="pNotetext">If you are using AOL with ZoneAlarm Pro and have enabled Privacy protection, the site ie3.proxy.aol.com is added to the Privacy Site List when you visit any site during an AOL session. For example, if during your AOL session you visit the site www.cnn.com, only the AOL proxy site, ie3.proxy.aol.com is added to the Privacy Site List. The privacy settings for the ie3.proxy.aol.com site affect all sites visited within AOL. If you manually add a site to the site list, the privacy settings for that site will be ignored, and only the security settings for the AOL proxy site, ie3.proxy.aol.com, are in effect.
    <hr>Make sure in ZA program control you have green checks for AOL files/programs - PortMagic, AOL Connectivity,
    etc.= (some of those directly involved with internet connection may need one green check in &quot;Server
    - Trust&quot; the rest, reduce 'Red X's -change to '?' . One other thing, make sure you never download any free firewall =(included with their free security suite)
    from AOL while you have ZA Pro.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 11-4-07 - Into The Groove - Madonna

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 11-04-2007 09:33 PM

mikagurl Guest

Hello
    Thank you for your reply and for the information on how to configure ZA to allow AOL Programs.
    I have done these steps, as AOL advised me to give Green Ticks to all AOL programs, however this failed to work.

Thanks anyway.
    MikaGurl

mikagurl Guest

Hello
    Thank you for your reply to my message regarding the above.
    I am pleased to inform you that this has now rectified, as I have followed the steps about removing the backup.rdb files etc, whilst in Safe Mode.
    I can now again access the internet with the firewall working.
    Thank you
    Mikagurl

Thread Information