I have the following situation with my new laptop, which runs Vista home basic.
I use it on two different networks. At home on the weekend, I use wireless networking to log onto my small home network which has a wireless router and two xp machines, connected via wires (works better). The laptop logs in and using Network Magic, everything is fine. I was able to configure zonealarm pro which I have running on the two xps, and all shared folders are accessible from any computer, the way I want it.
However at the office it is a different story. Here, the laptop is connected through wires and I do not have wireless possibility. My internet connection uses 1xEV-DO, which is wireless access, and this box has some limited firewall capability, DNS, and basically serves as a router. I just hook my other computers up through a network switch.
I can see the laptop, and from the desktop I can access the shared folder on it. From the laptop, I can see the desktops (both running xp sp2 and zonealarm pro) but I cannot access shared folders. I have gone to the Network magic help site, followed instructions as to how to configure zonealarm, given all the permissions, put my network in the trusted zone, etc. Nothing works. The Network Magic tech support seems to have given up. Can anybody here help?
BTW all error messages suggest the problem is on my office desktop with the zonealarm settings.
Your help in solving this vexing problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Margo Guda.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Software Version:7.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro