Thread: I have difficulty with just one web site because of my "Privacy" settings

fossil Guest

Default I have difficulty with just one web site because of my "Privacy" settings

I am using
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/
    as my home page.

I have set all Privacy Permissions to
    'allow'

for
    this site,
    i.e
    cookies,
    advert blocking and mobile code all fully permitted.

I access this site
    and all linked sites without difficulty,
    EXCEPT:

...the video
    links
    (for example, to
    "NEWS&quot

will not display or run unless I set all my standard Privacy settings for future use
    to

'allow'.
    (I should mention that I have also given full permissions to a site which was originally flagged-up by Privacy Advisor, which is pix.01.revsci.net).
    When I try the link to a
    'Telegraph'
    video page I get NO messages from Privacy Advisor at all.
    However, Advisor is otherwise fully working on all
    sites.
    The videos just will not respond unless all the standard permissions are set to
    'allowed' , but I do not want to give this level of permission to any and all other sites I may visit.
    I can play video sites with all my privacy settings to

"HIGH"
    without any problems.
    Does anyone else get this problem, with this or any other sites with videos ?
    Can anyone please advise me as to how I can get the videos to play with the standard permissions set to
    "HIGH" ?
    Thanks in advance !

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: I have difficulty with just one web site because of my "Privacy" settings

Right click the telegram.co.uk site in the Privacy. Now select the Mobile Code - allow the MIME, private headers, popups, scripts and javascripts, animated gifs, etc. By adjusting the Mobile Code for this site in particular, the Privacy can be still set at High for the other sites. Thus keeping a high security for your PC. Note: the Parental Blocker of the ZAISS often interfers and unintentionally blocks content.
    This method should apply to other favorite sites or sites that need the site's content allowed to be practical.

I tried this site for the TV, if this is the site you meant.

Even though I do not use the ZAPro or ZAISS with Privacy, my own ad blockers and web filters initially blocked it. Only after I did some adjustments, could I finally see the video windows (and a few more). And see the news on the video.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 01-03-2008 12:21 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

fossil Guest

Default Re: I have difficulty with just one web site because of my "Privacy" settings

Thankyou, Guru, for your advice.
    Perhaps I did not make clear that this is exactly what I have done, in the expectation that having set all permissions for the individual site I should always get full access.
    I can add that, on the route to the
    "Tedlegraph"
    site I get 3 quickly flashed Privacy Advisor messages from other sites, including
    admin.brightcove.com
    , switchadmt.com
    and media.adrevolver.com .

I have given these 3 sites full permissions, but still the video screens won't play unless the
    'standing
    permissions for new sites'
    are reset to
    'permit everything'.
    Is there anyone out there running ZAIIS who could see if they get the same outcome as I do, please ?
    DAVID

Hi David

Make sure the third party cookies (well, really all cookies) are allowed for the telegraph site.

Disable the Parental Control (this often causes issues with some sites).

Check the Spy Site Blocker in the ZA and make sure to all the sites, listed if they are listed).

Check the cleaner in the ZA, making sure these cookies do not get removed on the cleanups.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 01-03-2008 10:59 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

fossil Guest

Nottingham, UK
    4th Jan 08
    Dear GURU
    Thanks very much for the further advice.

I am back in
    business, having carried-out your steps and having done one other thing.
    This was to find that the link to the video page was fleetingly going via a link called
    "ADMIN.BRIGHTCOVE.COM".
    Permitting
    'mobile code' for that site finally got me to the video page.
    Thanks
    David.
    PS
    I can't get into the Administrator thread but note that he/she commented that ZONE ALARM required an
    additional
    virus checker (or was it a firewall?).
    I have heard from all quarters that to run more than one manufacturer's products in these areas can cause conflicts.
    For me the total answer has been to upgrade to Zone Alarm Internet Services Suite, which provides everything in one package.
    (I have no connection with
    Z-A. !)
    D

Hi David

Very often the "extra" sites or associated sites are difficult to ascertain. Sometimes turning the Privacy Advisor up and getting the extra alert, thus showing the blocked content in that popup helps in deducing what needs to be allowed in the Privacy.

Enjoy the ZA.

I have for some time.

Best regards, Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 01-04-2008 03:38 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information