Thread: Unable to download PDFs and get onto my GDS.

nzescapes Guest

Default Unable to download PDFs and get onto my GDS.

Hi,I seem to be having the same issue as GeorgeG. I try to open a PDF and and it get " there is a problem with Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please exit and and try again."
    I hit OK and it tries to load but
    then it saids
    "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. YOu may not have the appropriate permissions to access
    the item."
    Windows XP Home Version with Service Pack 2 is my operating system and I use IE 7.
    Also, I use a GDS - (SABRE ) for my travel business and now I get the same message when I try to login into SABRE "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. YOu may not have the appropriate permissions to access
    the item".This is greatly inconvenient for me as I actually have to completely turn off Zone Alarm to do my work!
    This problem started about 2 weeks ago, after

Zone Alarm
    mistook Windows Explorer as a worm and screwed up my directory, I only had wallpaper on my computer and nothing else.
    I thought I had lost my hard drive
    but thanks to my brother he discovered
    that somehow ZA had mistkaken Windows Explorer as a worm.
    I don't know if they are related or not but I'm considering going back to Norton as this point. The trial of Zone Alarm had worked great and that is why I purchased it, now I'm greatly dissappointed
    that I spent the money to purchase the full version.
    Can
    someone help?Thanks NZescapes

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

zassuser Guest

Default Re: Unable to download PDFs and get onto my GDS.

NZescapes,

You and GeorgeG are not the only ones afflicted with the troublesome "Windows can not access... you may not have the appropriate permission..." error message related to Adobe pdf's.
    I get the same thing now - but I did not used to.
    I've used ZASS (paid license) for several years.
    Just recently (weeks, not months ago) I noticed I could not longer download Adobe DRM-activated pdf's.
    I get the same message you posted.

I have tried giving Adobe Reader & Adobe's web site permissions in ZA & IE.
    My mobile code control is off.
    The problem seems to be something else - something that changed recently between ZA & Adobe.

There are some
    extremely ZA-knowledgeable folks on this forum (...but I'm not quite one of them).
    Someone may soon post a fix or workaround, or will push ZL to post an update to correct ZA's apparent misbehavior with Adobe pdf's.

Hang in there.
    It's been a long time since I abandoned Norton.
    I still doubt that it is a better alternative.

ZASSuser

nzescapes Guest

Hi,I posted my message about a week ago and I still don't have a solution to my problem. I don 't think I
    can keep using zone alarm, if I can't open PDF;s or access my GDS program. Who

do I talk to about a refund, I'm very disappointed. It is hard to run a business
    with out a security system that
    denies access to the very
    items or programs you need to do your business.

Nzescapes

Hi!have you tried already this (below link)?http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=32474If you are a licensed user of ZA you can contact free of charge the ZA technical support at: www.zonelabs.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information