Thread: ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm in IE7

pro_digious Guest

Default ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm in IE7

Hi,

To anyone who may be able to help me with this issue...

I recently came across a problem involving IE7. I noticed that not too long after a recent security update I was no longer able to access the internet. I get an error message on my status bar that reads: "ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm" and another error message in the browser window: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. I have, unsuccessfully, tried to find a fix through Microsoft and even tried googling it
    but only
    come to find out that:
    1. this
    problem
    originated on peoples systems 1 yr ago. 2.
    I am not the only one dealing with this problem and 3.
    there does not seem to be a fix or an exact reason why this is happening.

After careful inspection I have also noticed that the problem others are experiencing is similar in that they too are unable to access the internet but where the problem is different is the origin. There are few who have figured
    out a fix but the
    explanations for the reason and a fix vary greatly. Many say it is
    router problem, others say it is malware, there are even some who say it s an IE7 issue,
    a registry issue, antivirus, firewall, dns etc. so again the problem seems to vary in origin of hardware/software yet the link seems to involve IE7 and Microsoft's recent security update.

In my case:

I am running:

- 2 computers

Desktop - same setup as laptop (minus the Microsoft update) no problems here (PRIVACY tab set to custom)

Laptop - dealing with this issue.

ZASS 7.0.462 (virus protection is off along with the spyware protection.)

Wired DSL (on both)

xp pro 2002 w/ service pack 2

was running IE6 but updated to IE7 in late NOV/2007

Ad-aware pro

Spybot S&D

bitde****er virus protection (latest version)

Computers are not on a Network (no router, or link by
    wired)

All updates up to date.

I have done all types of
    scans, both with my programs and free online scans, and yet no report of a problem. I have recently come to find out through trial and error that in my case the problem seems to be with ZASS and IE7. When I change the setting in the PRIVACY tab to custom, and block all scripts, ads, animation, as well as almost all cookies, IE7 will not let me access the internet but when I undue all the custom setting and place them back to default I am able to access the internet. No matter if I check one box or all boxes in the PRIVACY tabs I get the same result.

In my opinion, this problem seems to be a hardware/software
    communication error
    linked to IE7 (that is the best way I can describe this since I am not a techy.)

Can anyone else confirm or deny this and can someone provide a fix? Thanks.

- PRO

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm in IE7

<blockquote><hr>PRO_Digious wrote:

Hi,

To anyone who may be able to help me with this issue...

I recently came across a problem involving IE7. I noticed that not too long after a recent security update I was no longer able to access the internet. I get an error message on my status bar that reads: "ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm" and another error message in the browser window: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. I have, unsuccessfully, tried to find a fix through Microsoft and even tried googling it
    but only
    come to find out that:
    1. this
    problem
    originated on peoples systems 1 yr ago. 2.
    I am not the only one dealing with this problem and 3.
    there does not seem to be a fix or an exact reason why this is happening.

After careful inspection I have also noticed that the problem others are experiencing is similar in that they too are unable to access the internet but where the problem is different is the origin. There are few who have figured
    out a fix but the
    explanations for the reason and a fix vary greatly. Many say it is
    router problem, others say it is malware, there are even some who say it s an IE7 issue,
    a registry issue, antivirus, firewall, dns etc. so again the problem seems to vary in origin of hardware/software yet the link seems to involve IE7 and Microsoft's recent security update.

In my case:

I am running:

- 2 computers

Desktop - same setup as laptop (minus the Microsoft update) no problems here (PRIVACY tab set to custom)

Laptop - dealing with this issue.

ZASS 7.0.462 (virus protection is off along with the spyware protection.)

Wired DSL (on both)

xp pro 2002 w/ service pack 2

was running IE6 but updated to IE7 in late NOV/2007

Ad-aware pro

Spybot S&D

bitde****er virus protection (latest version)

Computers are not on a Network (no router, or link by
    wired)

All updates up to date.

I have done all types of
    scans, both with my programs and free online scans, and yet no report of a problem. I have recently come to find out through trial and error that in my case the problem seems to be with ZASS and IE7. When I change the setting in the PRIVACY tab to custom, and block all scripts, ads, animation, as well as almost all cookies, IE7 will not let me access the internet but when I undue all the custom setting and place them back to default I am able to access the internet. No matter if I check one box or all boxes in the PRIVACY tabs I get the same result.

In my opinion, this problem seems to be a hardware/software
    communication error
    linked to IE7 (that is the best way I can describe this since I am not a techy.)

Can anyone else confirm or deny this and can someone provide a fix? Thanks.

- PRO

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>

ieframe.dll is found in the windows folders for the IE (check the WINDOWS directory). It injects into the Internet Explorer. It could be corrupted or bad update.

The bitde****er virus protection (latest version) has a mini firewall. Even if the firewall is not enabled, it still installed drivers and files and will conflict the the ZA firewall. Besides, using two AV (bitde****er AV and the ZA AV will cause issues.

The Ad-Watch of the Adware Pro will often at times conflict with the ZA.

The TeaTimer of the SpyBot S&D will often conflict with the ZA.

Cheers, Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information