Thread: www.un.org firewalled out, I cannot fix this -- please help

mannygo Guest

Default www.un.org firewalled out, I cannot fix this -- please help

Hello Zone Lab, I have a
    new problem with one particular web site, the United Nations web. When attempting to download a document (e.g. http://daccess-ods.un.org/access.nsf...296&Lang=E, a resolution text in .pdf), I get an error message saying "No authorization. In case you use a personal firewall, please adjust the privacy settings of this web site". I get this on two different personal computer, both with Zone Alarm, regardless of the Firewall setting (yes, even when the firewall is turned off, thanks for suggesting this). However, I do
    NOT have this problem
    on my work computer without ZA. The problem is
    present
    with both
    IE 6.0
    and FireFox 2.0. I did not have this problem last year on the same computer
    with ZA; at least two updates since.

Access to these documents
    is important
    to me. Please help.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

watcher Guest

Default Re: www.un.org firewalled out, I cannot fix this -- please help

Dear mannygo:

To check whether it is, in fact, your privacy settings, please click the Privacy panel, Site List tab, AFTER trying to connect to that website. Here you should find the website listed, with your global privacy settings specified in the Main tab of the same panel but which can be customized, per site. If there are any red X's listed here for that entry, change them one at a time to a green checkmark(Allow)with the exception of Web Bugs. Try to connect to the website after each change.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

mannygo Guest

Thanks Watcher, it now works after allowing "Private Header" (whatever this is).
    Manny

watcher Guest

Dear mannygo:

Glad to hear that worked. Private headers are additional info, such as what webpage you clicked the link from, that is included in a HTTP request(like for a web page that has dynamic content such as YouTube). You are not revealing anything about yourself, unless you had to log on to the site, in which case the server would have a log of all the webpages and links you visited for that web server. The server already has your IP address logged.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

Thread Information