Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New VPN Connection Problem

philonator Guest

Default Re: New VPN Connection Problem

Thanks, I had a minute and was able to try a few of the high level
    recommendation solutions, no luck.
    When I get more than a minute with one of their machines I will try all the suggestions and post the results here.
    -one update to the problem though.
    Brand new out of the box machine, installed zone alarm, then installed the ISA VPN.
    Wouldn't connect.
    Shut down Zone, it would connect.
    This has never happened on a clean install like this before, this is the first time I have seen this happen.

Oldsod- I have one question.
    Is there a setting or settings

in zone I could disable to allow it to connect?
    Like turn off the firewall and something else, then start clamping down the filters from there?
    I needs some not as high level as shut down zone alarm.

ltaylor Guest

Follow these steps if you have the dynmic ip address of your routerOpen Zone Alarm control centerSelect the firewall tab on the leftSelect Zones top rightClick Add select
    Host/SiteUnder host name enter the dynmic ip address (recommended)
    (looks like a web address)Description eg name of the router your loging intoClick Look up and an ip address should appearClick OKImportant click apply in the bottom right or it will not work
    Follow these steps if you are using the external ip addressOpen Zone Alarm control centerSelect the firewall tab on the leftSelect Zones top rightClick Add select
    IP AddresUnder ip address enter the external ip address of your routerDescription eg name of the router your loging intoClick OKImportant click apply in the bottom right or it will not work
    Now test your vpn connection it should work
    NB to find your router external IP address you must be on a computer that is connected to the
    router you
    are going to connect to! this cannot be done via a vpn connection.
    Once
    on a pc that is connected to
    the router you will connect to via your vpn
    open this web page and it will give you the external ip address of the router http://myipaddress.com/
    if you use the dynmic ip address and your isp changes your routers ip address it will automatically update
    hope this helps

Message Edited by ltaylor on 06-04-2008 01:51 PM

ltaylor Guest

I have done it!!!
    Follow these steps if you have the dynmic ip address of your routerOpen Zone Alarm control centerSelect the firewall tab on the leftSelect Zones top rightClick Add select
    Host/SiteUnder host name enter the dynmic ip address (recommended)
    (looks like a web address)Description eg name of the router your loging intoClick Look up and an ip address should appearClick OKImportant click apply in the bottom right or it will not work
    Follow these steps if you are using the external ip addressOpen Zone Alarm control centerSelect the firewall tab on the leftSelect Zones top rightClick Add select
    IP AddresUnder ip address enter the external ip address of your routerDescription eg name of the router your loging intoClick OKImportant click apply in the bottom right or it will not work
    Now test your vpn connection it should work
    NB to find your router external IP address you must be on a computer that is connected to the
    router you
    are going to connect to! this cannot be done via a vpn connection.
    Once
    on a pc that is connected to
    the router you will connect to via your vpn
    open this web page and it will give you the external ip address of the router http://myipaddress.com/
    if you use the dynmic ip address and your isp changes your routers ip address it will automatically update
    hope this helps

Message Edited by ltaylor on 06-04-2008 01:50 PM

egbertb Guest

We had the same problem, that is: I could login but not browse at my offive network.

The reason was that I added the network and the VPN server to the trusted zones, but I also needed to add the single computers in the network to the trusted zone. Simple check your alerts and logs and see what ip's are requesting what. Youre zonealram will prbably block some lkind of information exchange.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information