Thread: Having Similiar Problems as JaggyGirl accessing email clients

kailyr Guest

Default Having Similiar Problems as JaggyGirl accessing email clients

I have read JaggyGirl's posts and replies and have followed the advice.....nothing worked
    I was in an MSN site yesterday morning and was saving a picture .jpeg that I came across and my computer seemed to hang then freeze then it completely shut me out of MSN...I tried signing back in but it would not allow me to.....I then checked my other sign in accounts and they would not allow access either
    As of yesterday morning I am unable to access any sign in pages through the Internet,All Gmail email and accounts, All Yahoo email and accounts, MSN hotmail and accounts,
    as well as
    some games sites such as Big Fish (due to signing in).....
    I am able to access websites ie: like this one and others when doing a search or just clicking on my favourites

I spoke with my ISP service and everything checks out from there end.....they did a few tests and everything is okay......
    Software version for Windows is Version 2002 Service Pack 2
    I use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 as my browser
    My PC is connected via Lan and Router is managed by my ISP I believe

ZoneAlarm Version 7.0.462.000
    TrueVector security engine version 7.0.462.000
    Driver version 7.0.462.000

Here are a few examples of the Protected messages I am receiving through ZoneAlarm

1) The firewall has blocked internet access to your computer {TCP Port 135} from S010600028a4fbed8.tb.shawcable.net {24.109.211.222} {TCP Port 2276} {TCP Flags: S}.

2) The firewall has blocked internet access to your computer {NetBIOS Bane} from S0106000bdb8aa357.tb.shawcable.net {24.109.245.238} {UDP Port 1416}

and the latest

3) The firewall has blocked internet access to your computer {TCP Port 135} from 24.109.90.170 {TCP Port 4478} {TCP Flags: S}.

4) The firewall has blocked internet access to your computer {NetBIOS Name} from 217.253.3.152 {UDP Port 1026}.

I have no understanding of what and why this has happened

Would anyone have any advice or suggestions

All help would be appreciated.......Thank you.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

kailyr Guest

Default Re: Having Similiar Problems as JaggyGirl accessing email clients Post #2

I uninstalled ZoneAlarm completely from my computer......
    These issues are still continuing...........so I now know that ZoneAlarm has nothing to do with me accessing these accounts
    With this new info..............are there any suggestions that may help?
    Thank you!

kailyr Guest

Default Re: Having Similiar Problems as JaggyGirl accessing email clients Post #2

I finally have come to the conclusion that ZoneAlarm has nothing to do with the problems I am experiencing........
    Thank you!

Default Re: Having Similiar Problems as JaggyGirl accessing email clients

The text in your posts would be appreciated if it was normal font and color. Easier to read and understand.

The blocked ports (netBIOS) are not related to the email client issue.

The online web accounts use the HTTP (usual web browsing) and the HTTPS (secure HTTP).

The email clients will use SMTP (port 25) and the POP3 (port 110). However there are other ports often involved and often the provider has very specific ports to be used for their email server.

I would suspect either the router/modem has issues or there is some malware installed on the PC or there is some other security application installed that does email checking/site blocking/cookie blocking or there are remmanents from previously installed security applications or even some damaged windows files.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 02-12-2008 08:18 AM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

kailyr Guest

Default Re: Having Similiar Problems as JaggyGirl accessing email clients Post #4

hi .......good morning
    Thank you for your reply!
    Kailyr

Default Re: Having Similiar Problems as JaggyGirl accessing email clients Post #4

<blockquote><hr>Kailyr wrote:
    hi .......good morning
    Thank you for your reply!
    Kailyr
    <hr></blockquote>
    Good Morning back to you. You are welcome.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information