Ive been having this issue with ZoneAlarm and Trillian ever since i started using ZA about 2 years ago.
I have Trill conencted to MSN, Yahoo, Jabber and ICQ premanently and theres rarely any issues with the basic operation of them but everytime i come back to the pc after more than 10 mins away it freezes maybe 2 or 3 times for a few secs each while it seem to work out that Trill is allowed. It doesnt matter how open i allow Trillians privileges in ZA
It seems to be an issue with the various IM services coming out of 'away' mode, with each one seeming to cause the firewall to freeze everything for a few seconds while it works out whats going on. It will do the same thing if i reconnect all IMs execpt itll be far worse with maybe 10 small freezes lasting 3 seconds each and rendering the computer unusable for up to a minute.
Also when i first boot up and connect online, the firewall will simply block everything including basic computer operation such as windows explorer for 3 or 4 minutes before working properly and letting these things through. I accept pauses are inevitable here but for up to 4 minutes?

Is any of this normal?
My computer is virus free and up-to-date with ZA and trill.

Im using WinXP Pro SP1 with the internal firewall off.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Software Version:7.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite