Thread: downloading attachments in yahoo mail

bliznyansky Guest

Default downloading attachments in yahoo mail

i'm running zone alarm security suite. as of today, i can't download any of my ms word files that i've attached to e-mail messages sent to my yahoo mail account. yahoo scans the files for viruses, but after that point, i'm unable to open the files. disabling zone alarm allows the files to be downloaded. how do i keep zone alarm active and still download these files? thanks!

Operating System:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: downloading attachments in yahoo mail

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

It is likely your Privacy settings causing the problem. The Privacy advisor can help resolve the issue and allow you to customise those sites for your use. You will need to go to the Privacy Panel and click on 'custom' in Cookie Control. Then go to the bottom and enable 'Show Privacy Advisor' click apply then ok.

Next go to the page in question and when the Privacy Advisor alert pops up, click on "Click here for details'' and it should take you to the Site List box where you will see the entry causing the problem. The name of the entry can be found in the "Entry Detail" box at the bottom of the page. Now click on 'options' and turn off the ones that interfer with the page. You may have to try several and then refresh the page until the issue is resolved. Also clean your cache when completed

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, Thanks.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. bliznyansky Guest

hi--i tried all of your suggestions but i still get the same results. i'm unable to view videos on youtube or open attachments in yahoo mail. when i try to perform either action, the privacy advisor tells me that private headers, cookies, etc. at those sites are being blocked. i reconfigured zonealarm to allow those things and i still get the zone alarm message that these items are being blocked. any further hep would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Try resetting your database and see if that will fix it. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

ZoneAlarm database reset instructions link:

http://www.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/P...rruptlogs.html

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, THANKS.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

Thread Information