Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13 access blocked after update.

  1. #1
    saganami Guest

    Default Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13 access blocked after update.

    I've seen the IE7 blocked thread before but there never seems to be a clear resolution.
    Help.
    Windows XP just updated me to IE7 and of course, it can't connect.
    I recently had the same problem with Firefox updating. I removed it, re installed a fresh copy. No joy. Try different settings, No help. At that point IE worked ok. I had also had a older copy of seamonkey installed and I ran and understandably declined the offer to upgrade it right then. Seamonkey worked. I tried Firefox after and it has worked fine since, and I considered myself lucky.

    ZA Security Suite 7 never asked if the new versions of either program were ok, so I have to wonder if it's detecting them or not (program flaw, where's the fix)?

    ZA also "updates" frequently and locks up my browser for a few minutes while it does this. Every half hour or so. Annoying. Yes, I need probably need more RAM as I'm at 512mb now.

    Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

  2. #2
    avidday Guest

    Default Re: Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13 access blocked after update.

    I just installed zone alarm today and am experiencing the same problem.

    I just installed Internet Explorer 7, and starting today am unable to access IE(it gives the white screen).
    Up to a point
    I was able to access the internet with Zone Alarm running.
    It may have been after I updated IE.
    It may just be that I can't access websites unless I allow cookies.
    Was thinking about using Mozilla browser, but I guess you were having the same problem.

    Nevertheless, I disabled Zone Alarm until I figure out the problem, and I'm able to access the internet fine so its not the web browser.
    It must be the Zone Alarm settings, or it is treating my internet connection as suspicous activity.

  3. #3
    saganami Guest

    Default Re: Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13 access blocked after update.

    I uninstalled IE 7 to fix this problem. Uninstalling Windows Internet Explorer (make sure you get the right version if you try this, with backups of anything important if you're cautious) got me back to ie 6. Ie 6 worked ok for me. I re-installed ie 7 which I think gets me back to the version I had before my 9/apr/2008 security update (which is back to waiting to be installed again, I think). IE 7 works now. You can search on microsoft's web site for IE 7 I think it was "Web page can not be displayed". This seems to be a microsoft problem.

    I'm still researching this next part. I have 2nd hand from my wife who said she got it from some other tech industry friends that the newest update needed to have firewall, antivirus and spyware all turned off while it was updating in order for it to install correctly. I have yet to find any discussion anywhere that would confirm this and I must admit to being leary of installing the update with all the security off.

    At least I have IE working again and my wife can stop bothering me over her favorite browser not working. Yayyy!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •