Thread: Ports

jhallard Guest

Default Ports

Hi everyone!
    I have been gone awhile and haven't been using ZoneAlarm Pro. One of the pet ppeeves that I had was that as a gamer, I had to shut down ZoneAlarm Pro to load the game --even after configuring the ports within ZoneAlarm. Is this still an issue? Also at issue for me was ad-aware. I was still swamped with ad-aware worms. Is this still and issue with ZoneAlarm?
    Another problem that I encountered was hiddden
    files left in my registry. Has ZoneAlarm added a registry cleaner that even a novice can use? Thank you in advance.
    Sincerely,
    Jhallard

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

zaswing Guest

Default Re: Ports

Lavasoft Ad-Aware is a legitimate company. I doubt you get worms from them. Just my opinion.
    There used to be adaware scumware around. Not the same thing.

Games: I think ZA Pro (but it might be suite) has a game mode. Does yours?

ZA does not have registry cleaner. Why should it, really? ZA protects against changes but a cleaner is not one of its jobs.
    Use CCleaner.
    http://www.ccleaner.com/
    It's free and simple to use. You may want to disallow the installation of a yahoo toolbar.
    Before you clean the registry make sure to back it up first, and/or let CCleaner backup the items you will be removing.

If you have hidden files (?) in the registry, run some scans for other malware such as rootkits. I don't know how files can get into the registry I never heard of that.

Default Re: Ports

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>jhallard wrote:
    Hi everyone!I have been gone awhile and haven't been using ZoneAlarm Pro. One of the pet ppeeves that I had was that as a gamer, I had to shut down ZoneAlarm Pro to load the game --even after configuring the ports within ZoneAlarm. Is this still an issue? Also at issue for me was ad-aware. I was still swamped with ad-aware worms. Is this still and issue with ZoneAlarm?Another problem that I encountered was hidddenfiles left in my registry. Has ZoneAlarm added a registry cleaner that even a novice can use? Thank you in advance.Sincerely,Jhallard

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Here is a list of changes and Updates to ZA Pro..<P class=headblack2><A id=7.0.470.000 name=7.0.470.000 target=_blank></A>ZoneAlarm Pro version 7.0.470.000

Note: these notes also apply to ZoneAlarm Pro, ZoneAlarm AntiVirus and ZoneAlarm (free firewall) when applicable. For example, improvements to anti-spyware do not apply to our AntiVirus product, but do apply to Suite and Pro that both include anti-spyware features.<UL class=body><LI>Usability improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed the issue where in some cases the client would lose settings, causing user to respond to alerts that otherwise would not appear <LI>Prevent unnecessary error dialog to be displayed for non-Admin users <LI>Client can now be started in safe mode (with networking only) for antivirus scan and removal </LI>[/list]<LI>Compatibility improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Enable content filtering and privacy when ForceField is active <LI>Fixed the Spy Doctor Gate to only gate for 5.0 and earlier <LI>Free ZoneAlarm firewall and ZoneAlarm Pro can now co-exist with Kaspersky AV </LI>[/list]<LI>Various other stability and performance improvements </LI>[/list]<P class=headblack2><A id=7.0.462.000 name=7.0.462.000 target=_blank></A>ZoneAlarm Pro version 7.0.462.000<UL class=body><LI>Performance improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Improved system boot time </LI>[/list]<LI>Additional Stability improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed occasional crashes in vsmon <LI>Fixed occasional hangs during shutdown <LI>Fixed occasional hangs in UpdClient. <LI>Fixed various install and upgrade issues <LI>Fixed window activation issue associated with automatic updates <LI>Compatibility: Fixed compatibility issue with Intuit Software </LI>[/list]<LI>Ease-of-use improvements: <UL class=body><LI>New: Added Automatic Network Configuration to Wizard (will automatically add Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP, Network Printers and, mapped network drives to trusted zone) <LI>Changed update frequency default to every 3 hours </LI>[/list]<LI>Customization improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Added Global Reset-to-Default feature (invoked via Ctrl+Shift+right click on ZA icon in system tray). <LI>Various other fixes and improvements </LI>[/list]</LI>[/list]<P class=headblack2><A id=7.0.408.000 name=7.0.408.000 target=_blank></A>ZoneAlarm Pro version 7.0.408.000<UL class=body><LI>Performance improvements in system startup and shutdown, spysite loading, the update client, and more. <LI>Stability improvements during, uninstall, while shutting down, and more. <LI>Compatibility: Fixed compatibility issues with Project 2007, Bit Torrent, and Logitech Webcam. <LI>Various usability and other improvements. </LI>[/list]you can Access the Game Mode in ZAP by Right clicking the ZA Tray Icon and Click "Game Mode"--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.470.000
    Driver version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:947811147
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200803.3585
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security