Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Credentials directed to wrong domain...?

Default Re: Credentials directed to wrong domain...?

<blockquote><hr>dbug wrote:
    On the same shared server other websites are hosted, some I trust many not ...
    In fact don't know if it is a secure solution to have the IP added as Trusted in the Zones.
    By the way, another way to have normal access again on the website seems to be
    closing the browser and wait for half hour. Don't know exactly what happens,
    but Zonealarm could forget the 'memorized' domain name and ... accept the new correct one.

<hr></blockquote>
    I did previously ay only if the IP and it's domains are trusted, so the subnet would not make any difference regarding the trust factor.

You may have a point with the memory and the wait. The ZA does keep the past and current connections active in memory for a long period of time. I would assume just shutting down the ZA and waiting a minute or so and restarting the ZA would have the same effect.

Usually if the Privacy is to blame, just turning it off will either show if it to blame and possiblely allow the blocked content/sites to finally get through.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

beeblebrox Guest

This was done before posting here.
    In fact I did a pretty severe 'Spring Clean' altogether...

beeblebrox Guest

I switched Privacy Off.
    Shut down and the re-started ZASS.
    Same as before.
    First Logon works (let's me into the Admin), and subsequent Logon's are directed to the first Logon.

beeblebrox Guest

&quot;Maybe add the IP as Trusted in the Firewall of the ZA, if you really trust the sites.&quot;
    Don't really want to do that as I do not know what other sites/domains are hosted there.
    &quot;Also the Privacy Advisor has been set to Alert? The blocked content listed in the popups can be helpful.&quot;
    Yes.
    For my own sites I have *everything* allowed (using the 'Options' to override the default settings)
    On some of the sites (greenislejumps.ie, horseandponycentre.org),
    there are links to third party sites and the Privacy Alert pops up telling me that something has been blocked to these sites as I have some of the settings disallowed (i.e. Mobile Code, Third Party Cookies, Private Headers..).
    On the sites where there are Links only to sites Hosted on the Server I am using (pcservice.thewizard.org, patrickmoylan.com), no Privacy Alert appears.
    Either theses Sites are in the Privacy List or they have no entry (because I haven't opened them yet?).
    &quot;Also check the Logs in the Log Viewer &quot;
    Very little that seems relevant.
    In fact very little at all.
    In the Main Tab I have set everything to High or On.
    In the Custom and Advanced I have switched on everything.
    In Program Control, 'Program Control' is set to Max, and &quot;Settings Advisor&quot; is set to Auto.
    Still very little in the Logs...
    &quot;Look at the very bottom of the Source for a mention of a script with 127.0.0.1&quot;
    I took a look, but there is no script at the bottom of the page which mentions 127.0.0.1.
    But there is mention of 127.0.0.1 in the &lt;HEADER&gt;&lt;/HEADER&gt; Section which is similar but not identical in all the sites, e.g.:
    &lt;script language='javascript' src='http://127.0.0.1:2745/js.cgi?a&amp;r=25667'&gt;&lt;/script&gt;

The difference between the different sources is with the number in the 'a&amp;r=' bit.
    That number seems to change whenever the page is loaded/refreshed. The rest is the same.
    I admit I have no idea what this does.
    Does the 127.0.0.1 in this case point to my Local PC or the Web Server?

&lt;script language='javascript' src='http://127.0.0.1:2745/js.cgi?a&r=25667'>&lt;/script&gt;

Yes, this is what I meant. I use the ZA Antispyware not the ZA Pro for the most part. That is added by the ZA's Privacy.
    It is added to the page by the ZA Privacy and this can really mess up things.
    It adds the extra script to the page and the original total scripts becomes incorrect from the understood correct number of scripts. Thus certain page in browser/web site interaction fails.
    It could even maybe be seen in the Error Console.
    It only happens with a handful of sites and is not often heard of, but it does happen from time to time.
    Actually I forgot if the extra script is added only when the Privacy is used or if the script is always added even if the Privacy is disabled.

Solutions:
    Ask the web master to contact ZL and find out how to let his site(s) work the ZA (I'm sure he will be thrilled to pieces once he finds out the news ;D) or use another ZA version (such as ZA Antispyware) or use another firewall or use windows firewall and not the ZA for the short time while using that particular IP.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

beeblebrox Guest

You seem to have got to the bottom of this.
    Good man! Now to try and 'fix' it...
    I created all these sites using Postnuke, so as you say, I am 'thrilled to pieces' .
    Perhaps they (Postnuke) may be able to suggest a solution or compromise that allows this behaviour (script insertion) without screwing up the authentication.
    I can but put it to them and see.
    Otherwise, thanks for the suggestions.
    I would be sorry to stop using ZASS as I like it and have a lot of confidence in it, but there is more than one way to skin a cat as they say.
    Ho hum.
    Windows Firewall + Spybot-SD (I also use that)
    would give a secure workaround while working on these sites, though there would be no Anti-Virus switched on during that time.
    However, it is just a question of managing site maintenance sessions accordingly.
    Could have been worse... but why me? X-( LOL!
    Cheers!
    Chris

<blockquote><hr>Beeblebrox wrote:
    You seem to have got to the bottom of this.
    Good man! Now to try and 'fix' it...
    I created all these sites using Postnuke, so as you say, I am 'thrilled to pieces' .
    Perhaps they (Postnuke) may be able to suggest a solution or compromise that allows this behaviour (script insertion) without screwing up the authentication.
    I can but put it to them and see.
    Otherwise, thanks for the suggestions.
    I would be sorry to stop using ZASS as I like it and have a lot of confidence in it, but there is more than one way to skin a cat as they say.
    Ho hum.
    Windows Firewall + Spybot-SD (I also use that)
    would give a secure workaround while working on these sites, though there would be no Anti-Virus switched on during that time.
    However, it is just a question of managing site maintenance sessions accordingly.
    Could have been worse... but why me? X-( LOL!
    Cheers!
    Chris

<hr></blockquote>

I suppose Zone Lab's Technical Support would have some sort of work around or solution.

Sorry for the bad news, but at least being aware of the exact problem does stop questioning and wondering what.......

Myself I use the ZA Antispyware (no Privacy included and no added scripts to web pages) along side of the freeware version AntiVir and Webwasher Classic (gives web filtering, ad blocking, popup blocker, cookie blocker, etc). Webwasher Classic is also a freeware and it is relatively simple to add a site as an exception and be free of it's filtering for the site (or sites if using wildcards). Or just toggle the proxy server button in the Opera and disable the web washer by left clicking it's icon.
    The license expired for the ZA AS, but the scanner is off/disabled and the ZA will always continue to be a firewall. Just no more updates or upgrades are possible any more.

Cheers.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

beeblebrox Guest

&quot;being aware of the exact problem does stop questioning and wondering what....... &quot;
    Can save a whole heap of useless messing about, wasted time and effort, and pestering others unnescessarily...
    Thanks again!

You are welcome Beeblebrox.
    Take care and the best of luck to you.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information