Thread: Upgraded Zone Alarm - network is now inaccessible

gordon_s Guest

Default Upgraded Zone Alarm - network is now inaccessible

Following a recommended upgrade of the free Zone Alarm after booting the second of 2 PC's on the network, I can no longer access either PC from the other!
    XP Pro SP2 on one, XP Media on the other.Everything workded fine until this so called upgrade!All settings were as previously, so what has changed to prevent me gaining access now.
    When I click on a Network Place location, after a delay, I get an alert as follows:
    \\GSA-01\fo-fdrive is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to findout if you have access permissions.

The network path was not found
    Any ideas on this it is drivng me mad - why would it suddenly stop working on an upgrade when all settings are supposed to be 'moved over' to the new version?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Upgraded Zone Alarm - network is now inaccessible

Sounds like your LAN got put into the trusted zone. Go to the zone tab in the firewall section, and make sure the subnet that is your LAN is in the trusted zone.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

gordon_s Guest

Default Re: Upgraded Zone Alarm - network is now inaccessible

Thanks for your thought - I checked that and the subnet was there in both. However, I noticed that the second PC did not have the first PC's IP, so I added that to the Trusted Zone, applied it and Bingo! It was all back working again.
    What a relief!

Thread Information