Thread: Can't connect to the Net

brokenwireless Guest

Default Can't connect to the Net

Hi
    My wireless is says Limited or no Connectivity even thought i have full signal strength I checked in the ZA Log and found the C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.EXE,PROCESS,SPAWNPROCES S,SRC,C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe,da285490-bbd8a1d0-ce662357-7d5ba1ff,ff,45093

Hopefully this is some help. I'm pulling my hair at at this stage
    Cheers,BrokenWireless

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Can't connect to the Net

Make sure your DNS and DHCP server IP's are in your Firewall's Trusted zone. Finding DNS and DCHP servers, etc

1. Go to Run and type in command and hit 'ok', and in the command then type in ipconfig /all then press the enter key. In the returned data list will be a line DNS and DHCP Servers with the IP address(s) listed out to the side. Make sure there is a space between the ipconfig and the /all, and the font is the same (no capitals).
    2. In ZA on your machine on the Firewall, open the Zones tab, click Add and then select IP Address. Make sure the Zone is set to Trusted. Add the DNS IP(s) .
    3. Click OK and Apply. Then do the same for the DHCP server.
    4. The localhost (127.0.0.1) must be listed as Trusted.
    5. The Generic Host Process (svchost.exe) as seen in the Zone Alarm's Program's list must have server rights for the Trusted Zone.
    Plus it must have both Trusted and Internet Access.

Extra help is found at Guru Hoov site for the DNS/DHCP.<hr>Click here &gt; http://forum.zonealarm.com/zonelabs/...message.id=145<hr>Click here &gt; http://www.pcworld.com/printable/art...printable.html - How to troubleshoot your home network. - pcworld.com<hr>Right click ZA tray icon &gt; see &quot;Help&quot; = this is your User Guide - see chapters on 'Networking with Zonealarm security software' , Trouble Shooting &gt; sub &gt; Networking, and other related install/ setup/ configure info.<hr>You may also try to 'reset' wireless modem.<hr>Next you post anything in this forum - please always include your: OS -XP, Vista, your ZA product and it's version number and any other relevant info.

Thread Information