Thread: ZA blocking Azureus !!

edimasta Guest

Default ZA blocking Azureus !!

Hi there,
    I have a strange problem with ZA 7.1
    I forwarded the port I specified in Azureus, also allowing incoming and outgoing TCP and UDP.When I start Azureus everything is going fine.
    But after about 1 hour or so downloading, I get the error messages "Port xxxxx is not allowing inbound connections"How can this happen??
    What can I do against that? That's really disturbing, I can't even download a day long or so because everytime I get this error.Also, when I end Azureus, the process keeps running... seems that ZA doesn't allow it to end.
    Any hint on those problems?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: ZA blocking Azureus !!

You said, I forwarded the port I specified in Azureus, also allowing incoming and outgoing TCP and UDP.

I assume the forwarding is being done in a router? The allowing, is this done in a router, or expert rules?
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

edimasta Guest

No I don't have a router... I did this in the ZoneAlarm preferences for the trusted zone and internet zone.
    But still it starts blocking inbound connections oO

Change those settings back to the default, you don't need them. Then you need to set Azureus to have internet server rights. There is a warning that goes along with this. Giving Azureus internet access, will allow anyone communicating it to do so whenever the program is running. It would be best to create expert rules for Azureus to control it better. There are pages on my site on how to create expert rules.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

jqball2u Guest

Question Re: ZA blocking Azureus !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoov View Post
    Change those settings back to the default, you don't need them. Then you need to set Azureus to have internet server rights. There is a warning that goes along with this. Giving Azureus internet access, will allow anyone communicating it to do so whenever the program is running. It would be best to create expert rules for Azureus to control it better. There are pages on my site on how to create expert rules.
    Thanks Hoov ... the second of your links, DonHoover.net is kind of what I was looking for ... about ZoneAlarm ... but what I could not find was about Port Forwarding and how to set it up in ZoneAlarm. I even went to their 'support forum' and did a search on it, came up with a bunch of hits but NOT what I was hoping to find!

I even went to Azureus a.k.a. Vuze 'support forum' and did a search, again a bunch of hits but not what I was hoping to find!

I have ZA Extreme Security v9.3 (updated) and Azureus / Vuze v4.5 (also updated), if that info helps ... can you please tell me how to setup Port Forwarding in ZoneAlarm?

a kzillion thanks,
    QBall

Hello,

There is no port forwarding in ZA. We don't have a function like that

Port forwarding is a function of a router only.

Understand you have no Router so you may need to get one to have port forwarding supported.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information