Thread: yahoo messenger signing on and off

sixpackofbud Guest

Default yahoo messenger signing on and off

ever since i downloaded the latest ZA update when i log onto yahoo it immediately logs out and then yahoo signs me back in then it logs me off again. if i turn ZA off i have no problems w/yahoo. i've gone to programs and removed yahoo to get ZA to recognize it to no effect. i've removed yahoo from my pc and re downloaded to no effect. any ideas?

sixpackofbud Guest

Default Re: yahoo messenger signing on and off

let me add one more thing i had yahoo security set to medium. i turned it off and yahoo works fine. when i turn it back on it stops again.

jessbeinme Guest

Hey Bud,
    I have the same issue just recently. Process of elimination has
    led me to the following:
    (yahoo messenger) preferences > connections > firewall with no proxies
    ...and so far it's worked today! Good luck, and I'll check back in case someone with some smarts comes up with a better solution.
    P.S. Please don't tell me the above option nulls the protection of my antivirus.. if so, disregard all the above.. I mean derr, why wear a holey raincoat?
    Jess

jessbeinme Guest

Bud,
    I spoke too soon -
    Changing the
    connection preference
    doesn't work in chat or voice. Sorry bout that. Jess

ikan Guest

Bud,
    I too have been fighting ZA with my existing Yahoo install since I installed it. I tryed Jess's suggestion on the Preferances/connections/firewall with no proxies and it workes for me. haven't done too much testing yet tho, so if I have any issues I will post them here for future referance. I am running XP Pro w/ Sp2.

Hope it helps.
    ikan

sixpackofbud Guest

yep every time i want to log into yahoo messenger i have to turn off ZA IM security. once logged on i can turn it back on, but once i log off i have to do it all over again to sign back in.

forum_moderator Guest

Hello,ZoneAlarm suggests leaving IMsecure security option turned off. There are compatibility issues and this feature will be removed from all products in the next major release.Forum Moderator

Thread Information