Thread: Wireless Printing

nitelite Guest

Default Wireless Printing

I don't understand half of what I am reading re the settings and such for wireless printing. Here is my scenerio: I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 on an HP Pavilion dv9317 wireless notebook. I have cable internet. I have a Belkin wireless router plugged into the cable modem. I do not have a desktop hooked up anywhere. I have an HP Photosmart All-in-One C4150 printer. I purchased the wireless upgrade kit for the printer.
    I can not get the printer to work using the wireless upgrade kit which has the Vista drivers. I have talked (severl times) with HP's (less than satisfactory) customer support and walked through with them the set up of the printer with no success. Could there be a setting in my ZASS vs. 7.1.248.000 that is causing a problem? Many thanks for any help. If there is something I need to do in ZASS, please explain in simple terms and steps.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Wireless Printing

Look in the firewall section in the internet zones tab and see if your LAN subnet is in the trusted zone.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

nitelite Guest

Thank for replying. After reading a long time on the forums, I decided to reinstall my ZASS. I don't think the LAN was in the trusted zone before. This time it is. I had had the "New Network" in internet and the loopback in trusted. I now have both in trusted. I think I read somewhere that it was safer to have the network in internet? FYI - I tried the ctrl-shift & reset option. It did not remove all the programs and start over. So I followed the instructions for a clean uninstall then reinstalled. I have not had time to try installing the wireless printing again (been helping cut down huge oak tree, stacking -so far- 4 8x4 racks of wood and helping in the hay fields).
    I will post back here when I get time and energy and my housework and web sites caught up enough to try again with the printing wirelessly.
    Cheers to ya and hope you have a great one.

As long as you know and trust the computer on the LAN, putting it in the trusted zone is fine. I qualify this because if you were in a collage setting, my advice would be different, but it sounds like you are just networking home computers. That is OK.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information