Thread: Accessing my router configuration

akaoperator Guest

Default Accessing my router configuration

ZASS 7.0.473.000WinXP SP3D-Link EBR-2310 wired router.
    The problem I'm having is accessing the configuration page on my router. If ZA is running, when I put the IP address of the router in IE, the router login page comes up, along with an error box "Not all of the needed components have been loaded. The page will refresh." If I click OK, the error pops back up again. If I shut ZA down, I have no problem accessing the router at all. I have added the router IP, DNS, and DHCP to the trusted zone, and made sure that svchost has server access in the trusted zone. Is there something I'm missing here? On a side note, when I connect my notebook running Vista, I don't have this problem, but I would rather be able to configure the router from my desktop PC since that's the one that's always hooked up.
    Thanks,Tom

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

akaoperator Guest

Default Re: Accessing my router configuration

Never mind- I figured it out.

icandyapple Guest

What was the solution? I am now having this same problem.

Thanks!

akaoperator Guest

I added the IP to the Firewall, Zones tab, one as DHCP Server and one as DNS Server (both are the same IP) and set them as trusted. Then I added the IP adress to the Privacy, Site List tab and gave enabled all the options. I was thinking it might be a problem with blocking popups, or cookies, or something, but once I enabled all of it and it worked, I haven't screwed with any of the other settings (if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Unless you're a mechanical engineer; in which case it would be, if it ain't broke, re-design it!).
    If you need me to check any other settings for you, let me know.

icandyapple Guest

Thank you for your response. I tried those things and they did not work for me so I removed them after testing to be sure, but you got me on the right trail. I do not use Zone Alarm's Ad Blocking protection because I use Firefox as a browser and have it do all the pop-up and script control for me. Somehow the most recent update for Zone Alarm included setting the Privacy, Ad Blocking setting to Medium. When I switched that to Off, the problem disappeared.

Thanks again for getting me on the right track.

icandyapple Guest

Apparently Zone Alarm's cookie control needs to be off as well. I just tested that to check and see if it makes a difference.

akaoperator Guest

I knew there was another setting I was forgetting, but you found it. Glad it's working for you now. I use IE,
    and most of my ad blocking is configured in it, so that was one reason I had it turned off in ZA.

Thread Information