Thread: Generic Host denies access to site.

mejco Guest

Default Generic Host denies access to site.

I mistakenly denied access several days ago, and need to know how to undo the error and change the deny setting to Accept setting.
    Specifically, I was attempting to access a blog I subscribe to in Bloglines and received the "Protected" dialog that states: "the firewall has blocked local network access to 192.168.1.254.
    (That's the address for my ISP Bellsouth.net)
    Program: Generic Host process for Win32 Services.

I had a downloaded installation of ZA, but
    I lost it in a hard drive failure and was attempting to rebuild my downloaded programs.
    I don't remember what request I denied access to, but in a Senior moment, I made the mistake that has turned into a nightmare.
    Should I remove Zone Alarm,
    install a fresh download and start from scratch, or can you give instructions for un-doing the error?As a work-around, I go the logs and alerts in Zone Alarm, and check 'allow to trusted zone'.
    I'm sure someone has a better solution than my work-around, and I thank you for any help you can give me.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Generic Host denies access to site.

If your using any ZA version 7.0.462 and up - you can do a simple reset of the database; this is much easier than 'un-install and re-install of ZA'<hr>Try resetting your database. Keep in mind that you will lose all settings within ZoneAlarm. If you usually rely on the default settings, this poses no problem for you.
    1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot<hr>Click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...message.id=145<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 6-1-08 - Key Largo - Bertie Higgins

mejco Guest

Default Re: Generic Host denies access to site.

Thank you ever so much Naive Melody for you swift and helpful reply to my question.
    I did re-set
    ZA and have no further problems there. You are my hero (heroine).
    I also went to the link you posted, and found it extremely helpful information also. :womanvery-happy:Maryellen

Thread Information