Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No access to webpages after Windows update

littlelamb Guest

Default No access to webpages after Windows update

Hello!I am having a similar problem to a few others where I have to shut down Zonealarm in order to get anywhere on the web. It was working just fine, but Windows did an auto-update, and after that, no access.
    I looked around on the site for an answer that I have not done yet on my computer, but haven't had any luck. I have put everything suggested into the trusted zone, have re-booted, and no change. I am using 7.0.470.000.
    Can anyone tell me how I can get my access back?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition

skipoet Guest

Default Re: No access to webpages after Windows update

Hi,
    I'm also having problems since the auto update the other day.

I've checked both my home hub and my wireless adaptor and both are working fine separately.
    Have re-installed both this morning.

My ISP have said that it sounds like it's the firewall settings.

Have checked the settings as per the help screen, but the options for Networks
    under Firewall / Advanced have disappeared.

I can get onto the internet using another line and dial up, but it's not ideal.
    I'm also getting hundreds of internet access blocks.Any ideas, anyone ?
    Thanks.......

littlelamb Guest

Hello again,I have just uninstalled the updates from June 12 only, and re-booted, hoping that would clear up the problem but again no luck. I have shut down Zone Alarm and fired up the Windows firewall in an attempt to have some protection while I'm working, but feel more confident in the Zone Alarm. Any ideas anyone?

skipoet Guest

Hi,Sorry to hear that you're still having problems.I've just managed to sort my access out. It doesn't look like it was with the firewall at all.
    The firewall was just bouncing the connection back.My problem was with the home hub, it had lost all it's settings, maybe a co-incidence it happened at the same time as the ZA upgrade.Anyway, the most helpful BT person had me logon direct to the hub using a laptop & then re-set the hub for me.Good Luck

littlelamb Guest

Default Re: No access to webpages after Windows update, problem solved

Hi Skipoet,Solved the problem, thanks to a hint you gave me in your email, and called my ISP (duh, why didn't I think of that before? don't know), and they walked me through a totally elementary process. Anyone having this problem, open ZoneAlarm, go to program control, click on programs, and find Internet Explorer. Change the trusted zone to super, and change all the red X's to green check marks. Open up your browser and you are good to go!

naivemelody Guest

Just a little more insight into what happened - for June 10 Microsoft update their was a security change for IE 6/ 7 for which ZA program control reset IE program list (sometimes with " ? or red X's " )
    and there were a few ZA alerts - which you should have been 'allowed' - anyways, after such an update - some users who had 'not' adjusted with green checks and super trust/ and or 'allowed' for those ZA alerts
    - would get access problems while using IE; until they &quot;figured out&quot; the need to make those adjustments. So that's a little heads up - whenever you do a Microsoft update - check the program control list, make adjustments when necessary.<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 6-16-08 - Nights On Broadway - The Bee Gees

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 06-16-2008 09:39 PM

skipoet Guest

Thanks for the update smileyhappy:

big_c Guest

I know how to set Red X to Green Check, but how do I set &quot;Trusted Zone to SUPER&quot;??
    Big_C

naivemelody Guest

If you have any paid ZA firewall products, in the &quot;Trust Level&quot; column of
    ZA Program Control you can 'left click' on to adjust - &quot;Three green bars(super trust level), two, one, ?, Kill, -- .&quot; This allows for greater 'personal customizations and abilities.'<hr>If you have ZA Free firewall - you do not have this feature/ nor SmartAdvisor.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 6-20-08 - Gasoline - Sheryl Crow

david_salomon Guest

hello ,after installing the 8 of july's windows update all of my
    internet connections were blocked.I
    changed the security level in ZoneAlarm
    to 'medium' and the information started to run.I
    have no idea why cant i use the 'high' security level any more.. what went wrong?and if we discuss security levels , do i really need the 'high' ? because i checked my pc using shields up and
    all the ports are in stealth mode.Please advice me what to do. the programs control didnt change and it worked fine before the update.not just the explorer is not working but all internet activities..
    tnx in advance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information