Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No access to webpages after Windows update

naivemelody Guest

Default MS update 7-8-08 > ZoneAlarm Security Advisory -7-9-08

Click here &gt; http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cessIssue.html<hr>ZONEALARM SECURITY ADVISORY<div align="right">Severity: High

Workaround to Sudden Loss of Internet Access Problem

Date Published : 8 July 2008

Date Last Revised : 9 July 2008

Overview : Microsoft Update KB951748 is known to cause loss of internet access for ZoneAlarm users on Windows XP/2000. Windows Vista users are not affected.

Impact : Sudden loss of internet access

Platforms Affected : ZoneAlarm Free, ZoneAlarm Pro, ZoneAlarm AntiVirus, ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware, and ZoneAlarm Security Suite

Recommended Actions -

Download and install latest versions here:[*]ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite[*]ZoneAlarm Pro[*]ZoneAlarm Antivirus[*]ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware[*]ZoneAlarm Basic Firewall <ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]

- or follow the directions below.

Option 1: Move Internet Zone slider to Medium[*]
    1. Navigate to the &quot;ZoneAlarm Firewall&quot; panel
    2. Click on the &quot;Overview&quot; tab
    3. Move the &quot;Internet Zone&quot; slider to medium

Option 2: Uninstall the hotfix
    1. Click the &quot;Start Menu&quot;
    2. Click &quot;Control Panel&quot;, or click &quot;Settings&quot; then &quot;Control Panel&quot;
    3. Click on &quot;Add or Remove Programs&quot;
    4. On the top of the add/remove programs dialog box, you should see a checkbox that says &quot;show updates&quot;. Select this checkbox
    5. Scroll down until you see &quot;Security update for Windows (KB951748)&quot;
    6. Click &quot;Remove&quot; to uninstall the hotfix<hr>
    http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...h21.nohold.net<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<hr>Disclaimer : The information in the advisory is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing based on currently available information. Use of the information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are no warranties with regard to this information. Neither the author nor the publisher accepts any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage arising from use of, or reliance on, this information.
    <hr>Attention: ZA users who have not MS updated for 7-8-08/ July
    as of yet; please temporarily refrain from doing so

until you understand the situation/ problem explained above &gt; and then weigh your options.
    {
    I use &quot;notify me of ms updates; but do not install&quot; = not 'Automatic Updating' } Luckily for me I came to this forum first and became aware of this problem and will now &gt; weigh my options available before MS updating. Please look thru the ZA forum boards for further
    developments/ insights.
    <hr>:0NaiveMelody NYC 7-8-08 - What's Going On - Marvin Gaye

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 07-10-2008 09:04 PM

david_salomon Guest

Default Re: MS update 7-8-08/ (david_salomon)...

thank you for your reply,
    how do i uninstall MS update KB951748 ?

david_salomon Guest

Default Re: MS update 7-8-08/ (david_salomon)...

ok , found it..i forgot to enable the 'add updates' in the Add/Remove software
    tnx anyways...
    :8}

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information