Thread: ZA Pro, missing Privacy tab.

glitchbob Guest

Default ZA Pro, missing Privacy tab.

Currently using ZA Pro ver. 7.1.254.000, on a Dell XPS 630, running Vista SP1. I've already tried the following:
    1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode.
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4. Empty the Recycle Bin
    5. Reboot into the normal mode.

The license key and registration all checks out so I don't know why I don't have the Privacy tab.

I would really like to get this resolved soon because it helps tremendously while surfing the net. I also hope that I can use a copy of my previous IAMDB.RDB from my other computer which had a drive failure (I was able to recover the files) without any trouble, as it had a massive list of blocked sites (however before the failure I unfortunately did not create a backup of my settings).

Here's a screenshot if it's of any help:
    http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9...uctinfonr7.jpg

Oh, it might also be worth noting that I had one other problem, I kept getting the notification that ZA expired (or was close to it) when I finished installing. I uninstalled completely using the instructions here, and so far I haven't had that message (though I've only restarted once after that, so it might happen again...).

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: ZA Pro, missing Privacy tab.

Yes, you have a normal ZA Pro Vista version, please click here > http://www.zonealarm.com/store/catal...aq_content.jsp

and here &gt;http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...ntispyware.jsp<hr>The XP and Vista versions are slightly different and there is no way to retrieve that part for Vista. Nevertheless the advanced OS firewall will still provide the same protection, less your customizations.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 6-29-08 - The Love I Lost -
    Harold Melvin &amp; The Blue Notes

glitchbob Guest

So due to the difference between Vista and XP, Check Point was unable to keep the Privacy tab (or didn't want to be bothered to get it to work for buggy Vista) and so they just removed it completely... Not the best of &quot;solutions&quot; in my opinion. Being able to add various advertisement urls and such into the site list is a good feature... removing that ability was a rather bad idea.

I'm definitely writing a note to them on this. I'd really like that feature back, it makes for a better program.

naivemelody Guest

Neither one of us are software engineers, so we can't really say what the issues are; but we do know that the Vista software environment is
    a bit more 'restrictive/ prohibitive of changes' = Microsoft says improves security system wide in the Vista OS =
    harder for 'third party security' software companies to implement their 'security codes/ (essentially a hack). Hope you can understand that; you also know it may
    be implemented/ added later. <hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 6-29-08 - Be Thankful For What You've Got - William DeVaughn

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 06-30-2008 09:56 PM

Thread Information