Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zonealarm Internet Security Suite - Programs unable to access internet

icepick314 Guest

Default Zonealarm Internet Security Suite - Programs unable to access internet

My Windows XP just did automatic update for Malicious Software Removal. After reboot, I'm unable to go to internet. My home network still works and is able to use remote acceess to my other computer and network drives but it just won't let me get on the internet. I've already did clean uninstall and reinstall but still does same thing. For some reason however, ping works. I can ping to my router, my ISP's DNS, and other sites like www.yahoo.com and www.google.com. If I shut down Zonealarm, everything's normal where I can surf internet and Trillian can connect to servers. What could be the problem?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

tekncl_kwestyn Guest

Default Re: Zonealarm Internet Security Suite - Programs unable to access internet

I've just had the same problem. Looking for a quick fix.... I could begin a rant about the product, but I'll refrain. Suffice it to say, I'll not use it again after these last two licenses expire.

hammernu Guest

Default Re: Zonealarm Internet Security Suite - Programs unable to access internet

Make sure that your network, Loopback Adapter, DHCP server, and DNS server(s) have entries in Firewall > Zones.

Message Edited by HammerNU on 07-08-2008 02:36 PM

smash Guest

It's just happened to me also!!

I've had lower my security settings so I'm no longer using Stealth mode.

Not impressed!

bayrat Guest

The same thing also happened to me. I found that if I reset the Firewall/Internet Zone Security/ from HIGH to Med. my internet connection was restored. Resetting to Medium is only a temporary solution since your computer is not hidden but it is better than turning off your firewall.

Firewall: Zone Alarm Pro

Same problem this evening after Microsoft update:
    uninstalling last update everything is OK.
    In my opinion problems are from Microsoft: awaiting for new issue update
    (already happened in the past years...)

drooler Guest

I'm on Windows 2000 and just went thru a Security Update and Malicious Software Removal.
    Can't connect if the Firewall is on high but if I set it to Medium, it conects.
    Only the Win2K updates were installed...nothing was changed to ZoneAlarm.
    I suspect that Microsoft has done something different with the Security Update.

July 8, 2008

Security Update = KB951748

Malicious Tool = KB890830

Message Edited by Drooler on 07-08-2008 01:05 PM

rhhardin Guest

I upgraded a couple extra laptops this morning (July 8, first tuesday of the month) XP Home SP2 running an old free ZoneAlarm 6.5.7.737.000 and there's suddenly no internet access. Something in the XP2 patches today definitely did it.

If there's some program to enable access for that fixes it (my guess) post it here as well.

stuigi Guest

Well I too am a victim of this unwanted club.
    After MS updates, I had to lower my ZA access to med from hight to get an internet connection.
    How does one uninstall an update from MS

drooler Guest

Default Security Update = KB951748 / Malicious Tool = KB890830

Those were the updates for Win2K

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information