Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zonealarm Internet Security Suite - Programs unable to access internet

petergoode Guest

Default Re: I Uninstalled ONLY The Security Update (KB951748) - HotFix

Just to minimize the chance that I will fubar my system...and even though my home network is behind a router, I'd presume it would be best to run ZA on "high" and remove the offending kb951748 rather than leave the setting at "medium"...
    When I tried to uninstall kb951748 on my XP SP3 system, I received a response that "this will interfere with function of kb951978"...should I just go ahead and unstall the 951748?
    Would I need to then reinstall the 951878, or just avoid any updates until all of this is resolved?
    Amazing to think how many people use ZA and were affected by this.
    Thanks in advance for advice.
    pg

danop Guest

Default Re: Zonealarm Internet Security Suite - Programs unable to access internet

You need to uninstall Security Update for Windows XP (KB951748)
    I had the same problem and was able to access the web after I uninstalled this update.

deviouz Guest

Default Re: Zonealarm Internet Security Suite - Programs unable to access internet

so what is it with this XP update that screw sup ZA's Firewall..??
    If i just do a complete uninstall and clean out all the remaining ZA files then Fresh Reinstall ZA will it fix anything...??

ddh Guest

Ah, my hole house has this problem now good to know there are more of u folks with the same problem.
    I don't think removing the windows update is a smart idea. its not made for nothing u know?!

I think zonelabs can fix this, there good
    We just have to hang in there!

hope for a fast solution soon!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information