Thread: No Internet Access After Clean Install

brf1945 Guest

Default No Internet Access After Clean Install

Good Evening;

After over two years with out a problem my ZAP is acting up. Here is what happened.

This afternoon I Started my XP Pro Box; after the boot was finished there was a dialog box "Verifying Files" After about 15 minutes of no movement I clicked it off. I then tried to get on line without any luck.

1st Checked the other PC`s on my network and they are OK to multiple sites (This ruled out the modem/router).

2nd Shut down both ZAP & my AV for a test. I was able to get on line. (with FF & IE)

3rd rebooted and tried to get on line No Good. But can ping a domain; send and receive mail(outlook)and update my virus program. I just can not use FF3 or IE7. Turned off ZAP and I am OK.

4th Set ZAP to not load on start up rebooted and did a clean uninstall after downloading the most current ZAP. I also used the /rmlicense switch. After a reboot I checked to see if I had the Internet and I did. I went into Safe mode and cleared the Internet logs but did not see any ZA folders under programs, windows or System32.

5th. Did a clean install with two results; I still can not get on line same as 3 above (on line No Good. But can ping a domain; send and receive mail (outlook)and update my virus program. I just can not use FF3 or IE7. Turned off ZAP and I am OK).

And If I try to reenter my License it says invalid. This I will approach after I get on line.

I would really like to solve this any help would be appreciated.

BRF

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

woyna Guest

Default Re: No Internet Access After Clean Install

Did you apply the latest MS Security Update that was issued today? It's causing all types of problems.

Mark

brf1945 Guest

Yes I Did, Never though of that.

ronczap Guest

If you installed MS update KB951748, it will cause ZA to block the internet. However, if you change ZA's Internet Zone Security from High to Medium, your access will be restored.

brf1945 Guest

<blockquote><hr>ronczap wrote:
    If you installed MS update KB951748, it will cause ZA to block the internet. However, if you change ZA's Internet Zone Security from High to Medium, your access will be restored.
    <hr></blockquote>

What happens if you uninstall the MS update?

brf1945 Guest

ronczap;

Moving from High to medium did the trick.
    Thank you.

Now lets see what up with the Lic. Key
    BRF

brf1945 Guest

RESOLVED
    The Key took on a retry and I am on line.
    I wish I could bill M$ for the three hours i lost.
    Thanks again for you help guys.

BRF

Thread Information