Thread: Denied Access to Internet & Email

Hybrid View

d_ambros Guest

Default Denied Access to Internet & Email

I have been using ZoneAlarm Free with XP Pro SP3 for firewall protection for years without problems. I use Firefox & Thunderbird. After working fine for a while today, suddenly I couldn't access the internet or email. A check with my ISP revealed that ZA was blocking access. I deleted and re-installed ZA and allowed access for the above programs as requested by the Smart Adviser dialog box, but access is still denied and I get a security alert advising that ZA has blocked access to these sites. When ZA is disabled, access is restored. What can I do to restore ZA's firewall functionality?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

wentworth Guest

Default Re: Denied Access to Internet & Email

hello,
    after reading your post, you saved me the trouble of writing my own version of what happened to me today:
    the same exact thing you described, right down to the time of day, etc!!
    i also talked to some other friends & neighbors who reported the same thing at the same time.
    i found out that in order to access the net & email i had to shut down Zone Alarm, & then re-activate it after i was done.
    so i think this is a company problem that they should already be working on & fix soon.

d_ambros Guest

Default Re: Denied Access to Internet & Email

See the latest threads. I did the MS update this morning as well. I have now removed KB951748 using Control Panel and full access has been restored by ZA.

Thread Information