Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Help.. I can not get to the internet using ZA any longer

kevmoley Guest

Default Please Help.. I can not get to the internet using ZA any longer

After installing the MS updates today, I can no longer access the internet. However, I went to the add/remove programs, check mark to show everything is checked, but I do not have the file KB951748 to uninstall.. please help

shinigurai Guest

Default Re: Please Help.. I can not get to the internet using ZA any longer

The EXACT same thing happened to me today! It was right after I installed a Windows update. I run XP. If anyone has an answer for what's going on I'd really like a solution.

thomasr Guest

Well add me to the list as well! I updated my Windows XP today, July 8, on both my home computers and neither will access the internet now after the update! I can only shutdown Zone Alarm Suite and turn the Windows firewall ON to access the internet!

fredgeb Guest

Hate to be a copycat, but we've got the same problem with XP. At least I only installed the MS patches on one machine.

sjmiller Guest

Seems to be a party. Same problem here. I emailed tech support, hopefully an answer will be coming quickly.

cmccand Guest

I am having the same problem after installing Microsoft's updates today. I had to lower the ZoneAlarm firewall for the Internet Zone from High to Medium.

wolfster Guest

I was able to remove the Security Update from Microsoft file KB951748 install date 7/8/08. Zone Alarm is now able to access the internet again.

bogey Guest

I am having exactly the same issue as all of you. I'm about 99% sure it's the Security Update for Windows XP (KB951748) that I installed today. Ironically enough, M$ says this update can be removed via the Add/Remove programs, but when I click on it it says, "this update cannot be removed"! Gawd I hate M$ and its monopoly.

shanesl Guest

Got the same problem.
    I know women have a monthly cycle problem but it seems XP has arriving at puberty.

Linux is looking better by the day.

techgeek Guest

Well I have the same issue.
    I have found a workaround.
    Go to the Firewall tab and lower the Internet Zone Security to Medium.
    This worked for me, although I am not sure if it will work immediately or if you have to re-install ZA.
    This wasn't intentional of course as I tried the uninstall/re-install first.
    The weird thing is, normally after a new install, the first time you try to launch IE, you get the ZA warning to Allow/Deny, but with the IZS set to high, this query doesn't happen.
    Lowering IZS and launching IE brings up the familiar query and once you Allow it, IE works fine (at least as far as I can see).
    Not only does ZA block IE, it seems to block Azureus after the MS updates.
    This is also remedied with lowering IZS.
    I can also confirm that it affects older versions of ZA, because I tried an older version I have archived.
    All I can say is thank you MS.
    That's
    MicroSofts QA for you.
    P.S.
    Also another symptom is that with IZS set to high, you get Inbound Protection blocks accumulating, even without having IE running.
    I hope
    by documenting the behaviour it
    will help the guys at Zone Labs sort out this mess.

Message Edited by techgeek on 07-08-2008 08:53 PM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information