Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Please Help.. I can not get to the internet using ZA any longer

  1. #21
    shanesl Guest

    Default Re: Please Help.. I can not get to the internet using ZA any longer

    <blockquote><hr>tsec wrote:
    What's the consensus here? Uninstall the update or just sit tight for a bit and see if someone offers up a proper fix?
    <hr></blockquote>


    I am using Linux Ubuntu that I have installed on a separate H/D as a back up
    In time I will kill XP and use Linux as my main internet OS
    I will keep XP for the jobs that Linux is not fully up to speed with.
    http://www.ubuntu.com/GetUbuntu/download

  2. #22
    bogey Guest

    Default Re: Please Help.. I can not get to the internet using ZA any longer


    <blockquote><hr>CytROg wrote:
    My mistake. I was also updated with Security Update for Windows 2000 (KB951748). The problem may be there. Just as an addendum: the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830) is not on the Add/Remove Programs list in W2K. KB951748 is. I didn't remove it, but I did lower ZoneAlarm's Internet Zone Security to medium. So far, so good.
    <hr></blockquote>


    Good luck removing KB951748, as my earlier post states it can't be done (contrary to what almighty M$ says).

  3. #23
    shanesl Guest

    Default Re: Please Help.. I can not get to the internet using ZA any longer

    I found this did the trick
    ZA update
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cessIssue.html

  4. #24
    bogey Guest

    Default Re: Please Help.. I can not get to the internet using ZA any longer


    <blockquote><hr>Shanesl wrote:
    I found this did the trick
    ZA update
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cessIssue.html
    <hr></blockquote>


    Great, now I have a beta version of ZA Suite installed that has the exact same issues with accessing the Internet (unless you lower the Internet Zone Security setting to Medium). And I have the extra added bonus of knowing this beta license expires in 55 days! Thanks ZA!

    BTW, my M$ KB951748 says it CANNOT be uninstalled from Add/Remove programs.

  5. #25
    shanesl Guest

    Default Re: Please Help.. I can not get to the internet using ZA any longer

    [Q]Great, now I have a beta version of ZA Suite installed that has the exact same issues with accessing the Internet (unless you lower the Internet Zone Security setting to Medium). And I have the extra added bonus of knowing this beta license expires in 55 days! Thanks ZA![/Q]

    Sorry mate: Iknow how you feel as that has happened to me fixes with other products.
    Thankfully this one worked for me and my Reg is still the same 325 days left.
    Hope you get yours sorted soon.

  6. #26
    bogey Guest

    Default Re: Please Help.. I can not get to the internet using ZA any longer

    Try going to the Yahoo! home page with v8 beta of ZASS and see what you get.

  7. #27
    shanesl Guest

    Default Re: Please Help.. I can not get to the internet using ZA any longer


    <blockquote><hr>bogey wrote:
    Try going to the Yahoo! home page with v8 beta of ZASS and see what you get.
    <hr></blockquote>


    Just did the USA one, the UK one and the Australian one.
    Not a problem.

  8. #28
    bogey Guest

    Default Re: Please Help.. I can not get to the internet using ZA any longer


    <blockquote><hr>Shanesl wrote:

    <blockquote><hr>bogey wrote:
    Try going to the Yahoo! home page with v8 beta of ZASS and see what you get.
    <hr></blockquote>


    Just did the USA one, the UK one and the Australian one.
    Not a problem.
    <hr></blockquote>


    I get this with I.E. 7 and Firefox 3.0:

    -----
    Why miss out?

    To see all the new Yahoo! home page has to offer, please upgrade to a more recent browser.

    Supported browsers include:
    Internet Explorer 7 optimized by Yahoo!
    Firefox 2.0
    Safari 2.0
    Opera 9
    Flock 1.1
    -----

    This NEVER happened until I went to the v8 beta. I can't find any setting to correct it either.

  9. #29
    bogey Guest

    Default Re: Please Help.. I can not get to the internet using ZA any longer


    <blockquote><hr>bogey wrote:

    <blockquote><hr>Shanesl wrote:

    <blockquote><hr>bogey wrote:
    Try going to the Yahoo! home page with v8 beta of ZASS and see what you get.
    <hr></blockquote>


    Just did the USA one, the UK one and the Australian one.
    Not a problem.
    <hr></blockquote>


    I get this with I.E. 7 and Firefox 3.0:

    -----
    Why miss out?

    To see all the new Yahoo! home page has to offer, please upgrade to a more recent browser.

    Supported browsers include:
    Internet Explorer 7 optimized by Yahoo!
    Firefox 2.0
    Safari 2.0
    Opera 9
    Flock 1.1
    -----

    This NEVER happened until I went to the v8 beta. I can't find any setting to correct it either.
    <hr></blockquote>


    Ugh, as per a suggestion from another user, ZASS 8 is blocking cookies from Yahoo! I set Yahoo! as a site not to block within ZASS 8 and now it works. I never had to do that before v8 though. Go figure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •