Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zone Alarm denies Internet access following latest Win XP update

herenowgonesoon Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm denies Internet access following latest Win XP update

paul_k Guest

I could have saved myself some work if I had checked here first, to find out which update caused the problem. Guess I'll re-install the other update that was installed at the same time.

bartman Guest

I did a Restore to yesterday, but now wonder if I should reinstall the other three patches?

What are people doing?

Thanks,
    Bartman

tsec Guest

Re-installing the three other patches will be fine.

If the one in question gets re-installed it can be removed via Add/Remove Programs.

arthabaska Guest

GURU
    I finally get access to internet by changing
    the Internet security Setting from HIGH to MEDIUM. But I have two questions for you.
    If MEDIUM setting is a secure level for my computer, what is the purpose of the HIGH level?
    When do you think Zone Alarm will find a "patch" to this last Microsoft security update?
    Thanks.

reyalp Guest

I'm having the same issue at our work with these updates. Basicly brought our business to a stand still until I realized it was zone alarm.
    I also noticed that almost everything in program control was changed to a red check mark. Any easy way to fix this without having to go through and change every one of them?

chiefsquirrel Guest

Perhaps we're all asking the wrong questions...
    Why does Microsoft now require the additonal info?What are they collecting and using it for?

kjacks Guest

Same problem here. I consider Microsoft "critical updates" essential to internet security, which the KB951748 update is. I uninstalled it and have contacted Microsoft Technical Support and ZoneAlarm Support and I am still waiting for a reply from either of them. This is a worrisome issue for me because I do not like uninstalling a critical update and although I have 59 days remaining until my ZoneAlarm product support expires I am considering switching to another product real quick if this security update conflict is not resolved very fast, maybe go back to TrendMicro or I might try **bleep**. Microsoft is certainly slow to address security issues but when they do issue a critical update I don't want to have a conflict between that fix and my firewall product.

txgiaz Guest

Just chatted with Tech support, they recommended keeping the update and switching to the medium setting. It is still supposed to be as safe, but doesn't stealth your computer.

Good luck...

sabo Guest

<blockquote><hr>TXGIAZ wrote:
    Just chatted with Tech support, they recommended keeping the update and switching to the medium setting. It is still supposed to be as safe, but doesn't stealth your computer.

Good luck...
    <hr></blockquote>

Microsoft does not recommend moving security setting to medium...they refer you to Zone Alarm for advice.
    Am I getting the message that ZoneLabs is recommending a reinstall of Zone Alarm? MS indicates that they are working with ZA to find a fix.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information