Thread: Windows Add/Remove Programs Utility Doesn't allow me to Remove KB951748 Patch

kaab Guest

Default Windows Add/Remove Programs Utility Doesn't allow me to Remove KB951748 Patch

I selected the Show Updates box and the KB951748 does show up in the Add/Remove Programs utility. However, it doesn't show a remove option and states that "This update cannot be removed". Any ideas?

dutcher Guest

Default Re: Windows Add/Remove Programs Utility Doesn't allow me to Remove KB951748 Patch

If you want to regain I-net access, just change your security to medium, instead of "high".

I hope Zone Alarm is paying attention and does a fix.

Dutcher

Default Re: Windows Add/Remove Programs Utility Doesn't allow me to Remove KB951748 Patch

It is more secure to use the Internet Security slider at the High level not at the Medium level.
    Or use the High and create specific rules will work as well with the latest MS updates.

If you wish to retain the MS updates and use the Internet Security slider at High (the default and correct setting), then do an uninstall of the ZA, after the required re-boot then manually remove the files found inside of these folders:
    [*]WINDOWS\ Internet Logs folder[*]Program Files\Zone Labs folder[*]WINDOWS\system32\ Zonelabs folder[*] any files in the Windows\Temp folder[*] and any files found in the Temp folders found in the Document and Settings[*]empty the Recycle Bin

Then re-install the ZA.

This method has been successful with the older ZA 5.5.094.000 and with the latest MS updated all installed, on a windows xp he sp3.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

luke_nc Guest

You can unistall manually from the file system.1) Go to your WINDOWS folder (probably C:\WINDOWS)2) Look for a folder called $NtUninstallKB951748 and double click on that3) Doubleclick on the spuninst folder4) Doubleclisk on spuninst.exe
    That will remove the update and allow you to run ZoneAlarm on high security.I tried the other fix they are suggesting (adding my DNS servers to the trusted zone) but that did not work for me.

Rich LukonNorth Carolina

Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information