Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Problems connecting to the Internet -- Zone Alarm seems to be blocking Access

anotole Guest

Default Re: Problems connecting to the Internet -- Zone Alarm seems to be blocking Access

Hello,
    Thanks so much for sticking with us..
    Yes, I have a router attached to time warner modem. How do I know if it has the spi/nat? Is there something I should do to make my router safer, until ZA fix that issue?
    Thanks again.

ttjager Guest

Default Re: Problems connecting to the Internet -- Zone Alarm seems to be blocking Access

I'll go one step further, ZA wont' even let itself online to update itself.
    I bet some ZA programmers woke up this morning with a serious headache.

anotole Guest

Well, I did...again...removed the updates with the numbers Laura gave in her thread and rebooted but for some reason, may be my router, it just does not work for me. Still have to be on medium to be online...
    When I do that, do I have to reinstall ZA, re-delete all temps and stuffs? What a headache...lost the whole day on that and not fixed yet..arrhhhhgggrrr
    Any other idea?
    Thanks. And thanks to you all to share the headache :-)

Usually the default settings of the router is SPI/NAT enabled.
    If the computer has a private address and not a public address, then the NAT is definitely enabled.

Private addresses are usually in either the 10.x.x.x and the 192.168.x.x ranges.
    More than likely your router is protecting your PC and everything is okay.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

See http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=34074

If the "fixes" do not work as suggested, then just uninstall the ZA in the Add and Remove and reboot. Then manually remove the files found inside of these folders:[*]WINDOWS\ Internet Logs folder[*]Program Files\Zone Labs folder[*]WINDOWS\system32\ Zonelabs folder[*] any files in the Windows\Temp folder[*] and any files found in the Temp folders found in the Document and Settings[*]clean the Recycle Bin and reboot.
    The reinstall the ZA.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information