Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: WinXP Update KB951748

  1. #11
    vollen Guest

    Default Re: WinXP Update KB951748


    <blockquote><hr>will_pittenger wrote:
    The problem is that Checkpoint appears to be concerned with only users that pay the most. Those of us with no money are stuck. Checkpoint comes across as holding our Internet access hostage for more money. &quot;Upgrade and we will fix the problem.&quot;
    <hr></blockquote>
    I'm not sure that statement is 100% true. I read that CheckPoint wasn't in the loop for the latest DNS patch from M$.(KB951748) Yes, CheckPoint has made the patch(KB951748 for their most expensive product first. However, I believe it's coincidental and the patch for all CheckPoint products will be posted sooner than later.

  2. #12
    will_pittenger Guest

    Default Re: WinXP Update KB951748

    I didn't say otherwise. I only described how people are interpreting Checkpoint's behavior.

  3. #13
    forum_moderator Guest

    Default Re: WinXP Update KB951748

    Well fixes for all versons including FREE ZA have been posted. see top of forumForum Moderator

  4. #14
    will_pittenger Guest

    Default Re: WinXP Update KB951748

    About time. I should be able to confirm this shortly.

  5. #15
    vollen Guest

    Default Re: WinXP Update KB951748


    <blockquote><hr>will_pittenger wrote:
    I didn't say otherwise. I only described how people are interpreting Checkpoint's behavior.
    <hr></blockquote>
    Well, I guess it's sooner...The patch is up and ready to go...Nice job CheckPoint!!! For those who think that they only care about the $$$$ Think again people...We all know what assuming does don't we?

    I'm out...

  6. #16
    will_pittenger Guest

    Default Re: WinXP Update KB951748

    No luck. See the image below. In fact, while I was attempting to post this, my internet connection vanished even though I still have the MS patch uninstalled.


  7. #17
    vollen Guest

    Default Re: WinXP Update KB951748


    <blockquote><hr>will_pittenger wrote:
    No luck. See the image below. In fact, while I was attempting to post this, my internet connection vanished even though I still have the MS patch uninstalled.


    <hr></blockquote>
    Huh, worked like a charm for me...Did a &quot;Clean&quot; uninstall...Clean up registry...Rebooted...Installed new ProVersion...Works great...

  8. #18
    will_pittenger Guest

    Default Re: WinXP Update KB951748

    There are two differences between our situations.
    1. You can afford Pro. I can't.
    2. You were willing to retrain ZA or don't need to due to a Pro-only (and up) feature that looks programs up.
    I was able to uninstall and then reninstall, but in the process, ZA lost all settings. I am reinstalling that MS update.

    Message Edited by will_pittenger on 07-09-2008 11:36 PM

  9. #19
    vollen Guest

    Default Re: WinXP Update KB951748


    <blockquote><hr>will_pittenger wrote:
    There are two differences between our situations.
    1. You can afford Pro. I can't.
    2. You were willing to retrain ZA or don't need to due to a Pro-only (and up) feature that looks programs up.
    I was able to uninstall and then reninstall, but in the process, ZA lost all settings. I am reinstalling that MS update.

    Message Edited by will_pittenger on 07-09-2008 11:36 PM
    <hr></blockquote>
    I'm not sure I understand your issues...You're right, I'm not familiar with the free version, However, I'm sure you can perform a clean uninstall with all versions of ZA. Willing to retrain programs? Really isn't a big deal, in fact I do it often.

  10. #20
    will_pittenger Guest

    Default Re: WinXP Update KB951748

    I know Free version can do the clean install. I saw that option. However, I was trying to avoid it so the new version would pick up where the old left off. ZA Pro makes the clean install easier by looking programs up on a server. ZA Free doesn't bother. So your retraining is minimal. Mine isn't.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •