Hopefully somebody here can help me!
I uninstalled the hotfix, as was told to do...no connection.
I lowered the Internet Zone to "medium", as I was told to do...still no connection.
I called ZA this morning to speak with tech support (to the tune of $2.95 per minute!!!) who instructed me to uninstall ZA completely.
Still could not connect.
The ZA tech suggested that I call my ISP (AT&T) and discuss the situation with them, as he suspected it was a DNS problem.
I called AT&T (was on the phone with them for over 1 hour)...the tech tried numerous attempts at hard-coding the DNS...no luck.
No matter what he told me to do...nothing worked.
He finally gave up, and told me to call Microsoft...as if I'll even get through to them!
I haven't tried downloading the newest version of ZA...simply because I can't get to their website to do it!
I don't know what else to do.
The internet light on my DSL modem is lit, and we confirmed through various diagnostic testing, that I do have a connection...the problem is my DNS is f'd up and it's not allowing me to access websites through their URL addresses...only through their IP address...of which I know none of.
I'm about ready to chuck the whole **bleep** computer out the window and go buy a Mac, at this point.
Is there anyone out there that can offer me some advice.
I'm not very computer savvy...so please try and keep it in laymen's terms.
THANKS!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Software Version:7.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)