Thread: Clean Install

latearrival Guest

Default Clean Install

Apparently you need to do a clean install. I downloaded 0483 and chose to do an upgrade and keep my settings. Although this works the security zone is set to medium after install which is not really keeping my settings. Importing my settings from a backup locked me from the internet again.

I did the clean install restored my settings from a backup and it appears to be working with settings back on High and max. So I guess you should do the clean install but back up your setting before you uninstall.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

latearrival Guest

Default Re: Clean Install

Everything worked fine until I shut off my pc completely and turned it back on. Back to square one, guess my initial hunch of this just being a long way to switch to the medium setting was correct. This is no fix for me.

Edit: Left the computer off for the last four hours. Turned it back on to do the work around but noticed I didn't have to cause I had internet access. Checked all my settings and they appear to be the same. So maybe this thing does work. I have shut down and restarted multiple times to make sure it works, so far so good.

Message Edited by LateArrival on 07-10-2008 08:10 PM

Thread Information