Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZAPro update (483) restored internet access but user interface completely frozen

ndallas Guest

Default Re: ZAPro update (483) restored internet access but user interface completely frozen

New version now working correctly.

Found that a change in my ISP's DNS addresses had not been updated in ZA trusted DNS settings.

Ran install as a clean install and everything working normally again.

timeforachange Guest

Default Re: ZAPro update (483) restored internet access but ..... **PROBLEM FOUND**

It seems that Spyware Doctor's Process Guard does not play nice with ZA. There is a known issue that PC Tolls is investigating where the Spyware Doctor causes excess CPU usage for vsmon.exe. This was really never a big deal for me, but apparently with the newest ZA update, this conflict has risen to a new level. If I disable Process Guard then ZAPro functions normally.

Default Re: ZAPro update (483) restored internet access but user interface completely frozen

Spyware Doctor is notorious for interferring with any of the ZA products.
    Make sure in the pctools scanner that it has no av used, the web filltering (cookies, spy sites, etc) is off and the email scanner is disabled.
    Also since you use the email scanner of the antivirus, turn off the mail safe in the ZA.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

I think it is the pctools spyware doctor casusing the problems. See the previous post in the thread.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Default Re: ZAPro update (483) restored internet access but ..... **PROBLEM FOUND**

Looks like I answered your questions in the wrong order.
    See http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=34594

I haven't used spyare doctor in years (maybe an early version 3 was the last time), so I am unfamiliar with this process guard. It does sound very much like what the OSFirewall of the ZA is already doing.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information