After four hours of uninstalling, reinstalling, and rebooting I now have only brief internet access after a reboot (approx. 3-5 minutes), then no access.
The steps I took, as best as I can recall:
- Changed Internet Zone setting from High to Medium. Access restored.
ZoneAlarm update (prompted by ZoneAlarm), which I had been putting off for a few days, thinking maybe that would fix it and I could change my setting back to High. Did not work. Brief internet access after reboot. Setting at Medium.
- Uninstalled the Windows update - no change.
- Installed latest ZoneAlarm fix - version 7.483 - Brief access with setting at High or Medium.
- Reinstalled the Windows update - no change.
- Uninstalled ZoneAlarm completely. Reinstalled. no change.
- Uninstalled Windows update again - no change.
I may have tried one or two other things, but I'm left with only brief access after a reboot (but not after every reboot). Occasionally, access will return for about 30 seconds. Very unhappy! Thanks for any help!
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)