Thread: Why was there no contact?

gilfoile Guest

Default Why was there no contact?

I've been beating my head against the wall for a few days wondering why I could not access the internet, then discovered that I could if I turned Zonealarm off, then spent quite a bit of time
    trying to troubleshoot
    what went wrong with my Zonealarm settings.
    I was able to get to my email through another computer.
    I am very surprised that Zonealarm didn't send out an email to subscribers informing them of the problem.
    I was only able to find out about it by going to the Zonealarm web site.
    That isn't something I do real often so I ended up wasting a lot of time.
    Also, I have my Zonealarm set up to automatically update.
    I suppose it didn't work because my computer couldn't access the internet.
    I am wondering how many people are sitting there wondering why their computer won't access the internet and don't have a clue what to do about it!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

johncody Guest

Default Re: Why was there no contact?

That's *exactly* what I have been trying to post - but the forum admin keeps deleting my post............Don't be surprised if your post also gets deleted - there is some serious censorship going on in this forum.
    A copy of my post that I have been trying to make for the last two days is below - but the forum admin
    has deleted it
    the 5-6 times I tried posting it - without ever contacting me
    ========================[forum admin: please at least contact me via email of why you are deleting the below post - its just an idea, but if there is a valid reason why you don't want it posted, I wont try posting it again]
    Why doesn't CP send out an email blast to all ZA users especially when ZA ask for the user's email address when installing it?Sending out an email will have a drastic impact on how many hours/money people will waste/pay trying to figue out why they lost internet access - because their first thought will probably not be that the issue is related to ZA. But, I would imagine that most users who lost internet access on their PC, would at least find a way to feed their email addiction and find a way to read their email - and if you send out an email blast, it would at least explain to the less-technical users why they lost their internet access and how they can fix the issue on their own instead of possibly throwing their hands up in the air and paying geek squad or some other tech to fix it for them, because they had no idea that a solution was availible from ZA.

I appreciate your rapid response in releasing an update - I just wish other users could be informed of this update without them having to guess that they need to come here to get it.========================

gilfoile Guest

Apparently 2 users with the same suggestion did the trick.
    I have an alert message from ZoneAlarm in my inbox.
    Hopefully all other registered subscribers have the same mesage.

Hi!you post get deleted because this type of communication are not a topic of thisforum.This is USER support forum to ZA products. ZAstaff does not monitor this board, we are all users.It could have been far more effective (and faster) to communicate directly to ZA via their customer support instead of keep posting here messages that need to be removed or locked because are against the ToS.ZA Customer support:www.zonealarm.com/csform Or click on the link in my signature.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information