Thread: Does ZoneLabs Fix to ZoneAlarm Pro version 7 for KB951749 cause more problems?

turtleservices Guest

Default Does ZoneLabs Fix to ZoneAlarm Pro version 7 for KB951749 cause more problems?

ZoneLabs has been quick to provide fixed versions of current products including ZoneAlarm Pro version 7.xxx. I understand that Microsoft not ZoneLabs may be the source of the current "BURP." Such is life on the Internet, BUT:

Sadly posts to this message board suggest that that the FIX may not be a fix.

In my experience too many ZoneAlarm Pro updates have caused client based problems including: operating system freeze, conflicts with anti virus software, and very slow processing on client's computer's.

I believe that ZoneAlarm Pro offers very good features and may(?) offer good protection.

However, I have found it necessary to implement the laborious "unistall ZoneAlarm Pro" process too many times.

I would appreciate user recommendations of tested and reliable client based software firewall alternatives to ZoneAlarm Pro.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Does ZoneLabs Fix to ZoneAlarm Pro version 7 for KB951749 cause more problems?

Hi!ZA staff does not monitor this forum (we are all users), if you want to contact ZA you need to write to their customer support.Here: www.zonealarm.com/csform Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information