Thread: can not get truevector to shut down

texassvt Guest

Default can not get truevector to shut down

ok all. i got an update notice and tried to download it. my computer froze up so i re-started it. now i have no zone alarm files, can not use my back up disk because i get an alarm notice saying can not shut down truevector services... use service manager to shut it down. i have no idea what to do next. tried erasing all files i could find related and empited the recycle ben then re-started the computer still getting the same notice. please help... thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

zalogin Guest

Default Re: can not get truevector to shut down

I am having the same problem. The solns on the ZA web site did not work; lost all access to the ZA program eg via Start Menu, the sys tray icon disappeared; the ZA fix kept stalling at the "shut down TrueVector" stage - TVector kept cycling on and off (as well as two other programs that kept cycling in Program Manager) -- the stop button was grayed out; I was able to "Disable" TV w/in ServMngr -- still got same TVctr message. Tried multiple things, including uninstalling the MS update. I am very annoyed, and see from the ZA forum that the suggested fixes work for some, but, like me not for others. At this point, I am going to uninstall ZA. I am requesting the ZA/a forum manager respond to my (and others') noted problems with the putative fixes. Thanks.

zalogin Guest

As I said in my previous posting (after spending 5+ hours working on this problem/frozen computer, I: 1. Disabled TrueVector via the Service Manager; 2. uninstalled ZA; 3. re-updated Microsoft; 4. Redownloaded and reinstalled the new version of my ZA product. The previous two days' worth of problems APPEAR to have gone away.

COMMENT to ZA/Forum Admin: with a problem of this obvious magnitude and the NUMEROUS (and hence time-consuming-to-review) forum entries that it has generated, it would seem as though you could help us users (and customers/potential future non-customers) by reviewing, culling, and summarizing the issues/solutions. Once it became clear that the fixes that your link provided were creating horrendous problems for many of us users, you could have revised the link to reflect this and suggest other solutions; particularly the recommendation to do an up-front ZA uninstall (before the "fix" started stalling/taking over the CPU); install of MS updates; then download/reinstall ZA. Please consider this for future such problems. Having had several major time consuming problems with ZA, I have serious doubts about renewing when my contract when its term expires.

texassvt Guest

how do you get to the service manager? i went into my add remove software and there is nothing with zone alarm or truevector there to delete. this where my big problem is, i can not get the truevector shut down to re-install zone alarm. any help with the service manager is appreciated.

texassvt Guest

does anyone else have any help available. any ideas to try and get this issue resolved. thanks

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Hi,

First of all, I am very sorry you are having all these issues with your computer.

PLEASE go to the following thread and PLEASE follow the Exact Instructions.

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=103

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, THANKS.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

texassvt Guest

slyfox, thanks for the help. this seems to be where the problem lies, can not find any associated files or folders doing the search functions, nor are there any hidden icons etc... each and every time i try to re-install zone alarm it tell me to use the service manager to turn off truevector, i have no idea what that is nor do i have any zone alarm icon to click on to un-install etc... this one has me baffled. thanks chris

texassvt Guest

slyfox i take all that back... you da man...... finally got it to work. really have no idea what i just did, sorta... but all is great! it let me re-install from my back up disk and is working great. thanks again for all your time and help. chris

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Hi,

You are Very Welcome and Thank You for posting back with your Success Story.

Good Luck and have a Great Day!

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

texassvt Guest

roger that, have a great one yourself...:8}

Thread Information