Thread: Since update "CFT Loader" is attempting to monitor user activities

markap Guest

Default Since update "CFT Loader" is attempting to monitor user activities

Since I installed the latest Zone Alarm & MS updates, "cftmon.exe" has been creating problems; while I understand its function, & have given it necessary permissions - I am being asked to allow suspicious behaviour for 'all' programs, rather than just setting for cftmon.exe

"...is trying to communicate with C:\WINDOWS\system32.exe by opening its process

Apply this setting to all suspicious behaviors exhibited by this application"

Is this normal? Seems strange to change settings for all applications & not just cftmon.exe...

Please advise/help

Mark

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Since update "CFT Loader" is attempting to monitor user activities

<blockquote><hr>markap wrote:
    Since I installed the latest Zone Alarm & MS updates, "cftmon.exe" has been creating problems; while I understand its function, & have given it necessary permissions - I am being asked to allow suspicious behaviour for 'all' programs, rather than just setting for cftmon.exe

"...is trying to communicate with C:\WINDOWS\system32.exe by opening its process

Apply this setting to all suspicious behaviors exhibited by this application"

Is this normal? Seems strange to change settings for all applications & not just cftmon.exe...

Please advise/help

Mark

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro

<hr></blockquote>
    This not unusual as this is all part of the ZA's Triple Defense Firewall or the OSFirewall.
    The cftmon.exe is acceptable - right click the cftmon.exe in the ZA Progra listing and open the Options, and then check the first two items and Apply and OK. Then give the three greenbars or the Super to the cftmon.exe

You may see this kind of activity also for the smss.exe, reg server and others.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information