Hi everyone Sorry about this I keep hitting the wrong button on my keyboard and sending half of the message please bear with meNewbie here to forumsI too had dropped connection during the week with wireless when I installed KB 951748. I kept getting loads of alerts from ZA firewall. Even to the point that the firewall was blocking itself. First thing I done was diabled AVG still had prob. Then I disabled ZA free and had internet access. So I knew straight away it was my za. done a google for the KB and found that there were probs with KB and ZA. I uninstalled ZA and reinstalled still had probs. So I just changed internet zone security to medium with the KB installed. I had an inkling that MS or Zone Alarm would come up with a fix. Here is what I done
In control panel Add or remove programmes
1. Uninstalled KB 951748 follow computer instructions if it needs to be restarted
2. Switch off automatic updates for microsoft
you can switch them back on afterwards.
2. Now uninstalled ZA Free using control panel using add and remove programmes restart computer if asked
3. Go to http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cessIssue.html
and install your version of ZA
(this is a full version of ZA) mine was the basic BUT BEFORE HAND
I DISABLED MY AVG ANYTHING I THOUGHT THAT MIGHT
WITH THE INSTALLATION
follow all the instructions carefully.
4. When ZA is installed you can now go to microsoft and down load KB 951748
5. You should have no more problems accessing internet.
helps I did not have to anything more.
Everything is as it was .