Thread: Outlook 2003 will not S/R Mail with ZAP set to High Since KB951748 Fix

brf1945 Guest

Default Outlook 2003 will not S/R Mail with ZAP set to High Since KB951748 Fix

Hello;

After I completed the fix for KB951748; I though all was well. Then I checked my mail and got an error;

(Task 'mail.optonline.net (1) - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).')

I have net access and checked all my mail setting, turned off AV no luck. Setup OE for a test and was unable to S/R mail. Moved ZAP to Medium and The mail Works. Not sure what is causing this.

I removed ZAP & KB951748 again retried the mail and it worked. So reinstalled ZAP without the Hotfix and once again Outlook only works with the medium setting.

I have tried it with my AV Email disabled and with ZAP "Mail Safe" off.

The status now is ZAP is installed and set on medium and mail works OK, KB951748 is not installed.

Any suggestions! I don`t want to have to keep changing security zones to get my mail.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

bthere Guest

Default Re: Outlook 2003 will not S/R Mail with ZAP set to High Since KB951748 Fix

I briefly had a similar problem; I simply had to go into ZAPro Program Control, and permit Outlook to access both trusted and internet zones. Note that I did a "clean install" of the .483 ZAP, so I knew all my carefully-preset Program Control settings would be lost.
    (There's one probably-insignificant difference, but for the record: I'm using Outlook 2002, not 2003.)
    Also, I have logged a question with ZA about whether or not I can safely "restore" the security settings I saved, from ZAPro .462, just before doing the clean-install of .483, to save the time and effort of manually recreating all those settings as I need them.

brf1945 Guest

Default Re: Outlook 2003 will not S/R Mail with ZAP set to High Since KB951748 Fix

Thank you for the reply;

I should have stated that OL 2003 is Has full rights under program control; thats not the issue, it works with the medium setting (which does not alter the program setting under program control).

brf1945 Guest

More Info;
    I am spending way to much time on this than I should.

After removing ZAP and cleaning all the leftovers out. I installed KB951748; then downed loaded **bleep** v3 free and guess what I have the same issue with Outlook & OE. It seems the issue is not with ZAP`s fix but something with KB951748 that caused a problem Outlook. Now I am behind a router with Windows Firewall and all is well. Just too much time on M$ software issues.

Message Edited by BRF1945 on 07-14-2008 08:54 AM

Message Edited by BRF1945 on 07-14-2008 08:56 AM

Thread Information