Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wake up ZA and get in to the office NOW! You've got a serious problem here.

pkane Guest

Default Re: Wake up ZA and get in to the office NOW! You've got a serious problem here.

Greetings, I posted under "still no internet after KB951748 workaround" but there seems to be life here so please excuse my reposting here.
    There is still "something" is going on. While I admit I had NO internet connection until I removed KB951748, now I have random internet. It connects then drops, then connects, then drops. Could stay connected for 5 minutes, next time maybe 8.
    I tried moving the firewall security to medium from high, no success.
    I do NOT have windows firewall active.
    I DID shutdown ZA to experiment if the problem went away........it has been almost an hour and not one problem since.
    But, now what? (I have the latest version and did NOT re-install KB951748)
    Using ZA Security Suite version 7.0.483

on a Windows XP Media Center (home) edition

drakinv Guest

Default Re: Wake up ZA and get in to the office NOW! You've got a serious problem here.

Hi pkane, you're a lucky person.

I've tried everything: uninstal, re-install, enable, disable, clean uninstall, deleting files in safe mode, deleting the hotfix, re-installing the hotfix, you name it and I've done it!

At the moment I have done a clean uninstall, gone into safe mode and deleted the files as per 'fax's' instructions in the post above, and deleted the offending hotfix PLUS the later hotfix which had been automatically installed today. I have disabled Auto-Update and done a system restore to the point where I had a connection on Thursday. I still have no internet connection!!

This is getting silly... and annoying!!

pkane Guest

Ouch! Well I too just tried an un-install and re-install of the latest version, but the problem (for me) is still the same....connects to internet....connection dies some random time later and reconnects.......only to repeat again.....
    Again though, ZA shutdown........problem goes away.......(hopefully a moderator reports this to tech support)

Hi!this is usually happeningwhenyou don't have your DNS/DHCP set as trusted in ZA (or you have the wrong DNS/DHCP set as trusted).Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 07-13-2008 09:54 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

drakinv Guest

Hi there fax guru man, I'm now close to fetching the axe and planting it firmly in the middle of my monitor! My computer is now completely clean of any ZA product, there is no sign of the dreaded MS hotfix and it's restored to the point before all this fiasco happened. Yet I still have no connection. Do you have any suggestions how I can diagnose the problem? By the way, the 'infection' that was found on my scan a while ago was nothing - some minor thing from a poker site that had low priority and was deleted.

If you can point me anywhere I'd be your slave forever! ;o)

pkane Guest

Default Re: (message for fax) Wake up ZA and get in to the office NOW! You've got a serious problem here.

fax: I tried the "ipconfig /all" and confimed my DHCP server address, it matches what is in the ZA firewall zone, it is set as TRUSTED?
    What am I missing?

Default Re: (message for fax) Wake up ZA and get in to the office NOW! You've got a serious problem here.

Hi!also the DNS? Then I don't know.... sorry.Cheers,Fax

pkane Guest

The DHCP server has the same ip as the DNS server on my machine......least for mine it does.

Hi!really difficult to troubleshoot from remote...Have you tried already to reset your TCP/IP?See here:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357Cheers,Fax

pkane Guest

Greetings, I did try a "netsh winsock reset", when the problem first happened. I didn't know about the "netsh int ip reset" till I saw your link. Isn't is odd though that the problem goes away when I shutdown ZA?
    I'd have to still say there is another ZA issue....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information