I saw this fix posted on another board that came from a post here by Oldsod. Is this still a valid fix for 6.5.737? Or does it actually now work? Thanks!
To solve this, just reset the ZA database and the ZA will be "fresh" as when it was first installed:
# Boot your computer into the Safe Mode
# Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder
# Delete the backup.rdb, iamdb.rdb, *.ldb and the tvDebug files in the folder
# Clean the Recycle Bin
# Reboot into the normal mode
# ZA will be just like new with no previous settings or data
Once this is finished, reboot back into the normal mode and in the new network found windows, set the new network to Trusted.
Then do this to ensure the ZA is setup properly:
Make sure your DNS and DHCP server IP's are in your Firewall's Trusted zone. Finding DNS and DCHP servers, etc
1. Go to Run and type in command and hit 'ok', and in the command then type in ipconfig /all then press the enter key. In the returned data list will be a line DNS and DHCP Servers with the IP address(s) listed out to the side. Make sure there is a space between the ipconfig and the /all, and the font is the same (no capitals).
2. In ZA on your machine on the Firewall, open the Zones tab, click Add and then select IP Address. Make sure the Zone is set to Trusted. Add the DNS IP(s) .
3. Click OK and Apply. Then do the same for the DHCP server.
4. The localhost (127.0.0.1) must be listed as Trusted.
5. The Generic Host Process (svchost.exe) as seen in the Zone Alarm's Program's list must have server rights for the Trusted Zone.
Plus it must have both Trusted and Internet Access.
Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)