I've got two XP machines, one running 7.0.483.000 & the other 7.0.408.000. Both lost internet access today (7/18/08). I reached this forum by disabling ZAP, read the posted solution, http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cessIssue.html, followed ALL the steps & NO internet connectivity. I decided to keep testing with the machine loaded with 7.0.483.000.

Currently KB951978 & KB951748 are both uninstalled, ZAP firewall internet zone security is set to medium. Only Firefox 3.0.1 works, NO connectivity with IE 7, even if ZAP is disabled.

I downloaded a fresh copy of ZAP 7.0.483.000 today (7/18/08). The previous copy was removed using the /clean option & running CCleaner.

Both aforementioned hotfixes were uninstalled, then reinstalled and no internet connectivity. I uninstalled a 2nd time, reloading either hotfix completely kills all internet access. IE 7 will not work at any point.

Nothing is wrong otherwise with my OS or machine, the posted workaround simply does not work. Please pass this info on to those who can look into it.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Software Version:7.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro