Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newest ZoneAlarm Security Suite Update fixes Windows Update no Internet Access Problem

alexmoss Guest

Default Re: Newest ZoneAlarm Security Suite Update fixes Windows Update Problem

Help! I just installed it and now I get ScanningProcesses.exe tying up 100% of my CPU, can't even kill it, it's been running for an hour. After a while I forced a reboot the hard way -- hold down power key till system shut down, then restarted, it did the same thing all over. Now, I've finally got ZASS closed, and ScanningProcesses.exe shut with it...but I have not ZASS = no virus protection. Pulling my hair out, and I don't have that much left to pull.... Ideas? Thanks much.

mdmurray Guest

Default It WORKS...but...

The patch does work only now Norton Protection Center has again gone back to insisting that Zone Alarm Pro does not qualify as an advanced firewall...
    Anyone know how to straighten that out?

forum_moderator Guest

Default Re: It WORKS...but...

Contact Norton and report a bug in there product since it cant detect things properly.Forum Moderator

empottasch Guest

never had a firewall that wasted so much of my time. 2 days in a row. Installed the "fix" and now the scanningprocess takes all the CPU. What now? Buy a real firewall?

aczernek Guest

Default It Works -- Temporarily

Downgrading to "medium" levels of security did NOT work for me.
    The "Uninstall" works -- but you need to add at least one more step to the instructions:
    -- Automatic Updates (on the Windows Control Panel) need be TURNED OFF or Microsoft will come right back and re-install KB951748 on you.
    There appear to be other programs affected by the Black Tuesday Microsoft update.
    I am running into serious problems reading current directories with WS-FTP, the popular Ipswitch program.

sky_lynx Guest

For those with the
    CPU problems, see this post: http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=34301
    or post there, that might help.

Message Edited by Sky_Lynx on 07-10-2008 03:10 PM

bradindvr Guest

Default Re: It WORKS...but...

<blockquote><hr>Forum-Moderator wrote:
    Contact Norton and report a bug in there product since it cant detect things properly.

Forum Moderator
    <hr></blockquote>

It was Norton, known isasue downloaded upgrade.
    Thanks

skipperone Guest

Default Re: Newest ZoneAlarm Security Suite Update fixes Windows Update no Internet Access Problem

After installing the fix, I now have two Zs in my lower right hand menu space, Why and should I do any thing? By the way, where can I find out when my subscription expires. I have different installation dates on my lap top and desk top.I get a lot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information