Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newest ZoneAlarm Security Suite Update fixes Windows Update no Internet Access Problem

Hybrid View

sky_lynx Guest

Default Newest ZoneAlarm Security Suite Update fixes Windows Update no Internet Access Problem

The newest update that fixes the Windows Update problem
    for ZoneAlarm Security Suite can be found here:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cessIssue.html.
    Has
    anyone tried it and verifies that it works and introduces minimal to no bugs to its predecesor?

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by Sky_Lynx on 07-09-2008 05:18 PM

Message Edited by Forum-Moderator on 07-09-2008 05:37 PM

Message Edited by Sky_Lynx on 07-09-2008 06:04 PM

Message Edited by Sky_Lynx on 07-09-2008 06:10 PM

noremac Guest

Default Re: Newest ZoneAlarm Security Suite Update fixes Windows Update Problem

Does the referenced fix also work for ZA-Free, or only ZASS?

sky_lynx Guest

Currently, the referenced fix is for ZASS only. The other versions are coming very soon, as stated by Forum-Moderator.

bangkoksteve Guest

I am a little confused by this
    update so a couple of questions:
    1) If I reinstall this new version will I have to reset everything? (all the settings etc.)
    2) Will an update be made available on the Auto Update feature available in my ZASS Suite? (I tried to run that but it said it was up to date on
    7.0.470)
    Thanks.

sky_lynx Guest

<blockquote><hr>BangkokSteve wrote:
    I am a little confused by this
    update so a couple of questions:
    1) If I reinstall this new version will I have to reset everything? (all the settings etc.)
    2) Will an update be made available on the Auto Update feature available in my ZASS Suite? (I tried to run that but it said it was up to date on
    7.0.470)
    Thanks.

<hr></blockquote>
    1) When you install a newer version over an older one, you will have two options during the installation process, Upgrade and Clean Install. Select Upgrade and you will be able to keep all your settings (if this is what you were looking for).
    2) I had the same version as yours, tried Auto Update, no dice. I manually downloaded and installed the update. Go to the URL posted earlier for the ZASS update.

bangkoksteve Guest

Thanks for the help with that. The installation seemed pretty harmless and easy to do.
    Where do you guys test your firewall to make sure it is working properly?
    I used to use one well know company's online tester but that does not seem to be working for me right now.
    Done ZoneAlarm have one?
    Thanks.

Message Edited by BangkokSteve on 07-10-2008 11:40 AM

rfjf Guest

BangkokSteve,
    First, I'm not sure you need to reinstall:
    Disable Windows Automatic Updates,Uninstall update KG951748,Keep ZoneAlarm security settings set to high,And you might also check Program Control in the ZoneAlarm Control Center to make sure Internet Explorer and Outlook Express are not blocked from Access.
    Whether or not you reinstall, it would be a good idea to periodically (every few months) go to the Control Center, Overview, Preferences tab and Save a Backup copy of your Security Settings.
    Then when you ever do a reinstall, or an extensive update, you can Restore your original Security Settings.
    That can save you a lot of time, more than once.

tmon Guest

Worked for me!

thomparb Guest

Congrats.
    But when do the rest of us who don't use ZASS get our fix? (I run ZA Pro v.7.0.470.000)

r_shackleford Guest

Default It WORKS!!!! Newest ZoneAlarm Security Suite Update fixes Windows Update Problem

<blockquote><hr>Sky_Lynx wrote:

The newest update that fixes the Windows Update problem
    for ZoneAlarm Security Suite can be found here:

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cessIssue.html.
    Has
    anyone tried it and verifies that it works and introduces minimal to no bugs to its predecesor?

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by Forum-Moderator on 07-09-2008 05:37 PM
    <hr></blockquote>

Yeah. It works!

The newest update that fixes the Windows Update problem for ZoneAlarm Security Suite can be found here: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cessIssue.html.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information